Attaching First Stage to tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only case where you wouldn't want to use the standard port configuration would be in those very rare few regulators that may restrict one of the low pressure ports to limit flow to a BC etc. You wouldn't want to use that port for breathing. The only reg like that that in my memory is some early Poseidon regulators. They marked that port for the drysuit connection. Otherwise, the regulator is gravity independent and you can orient in any way that gives you the best hose routing and access. With Tech diving, one of the regs is almost always in a "non-stock" orientation.

Once you have connected 3 or 4 LP hoses to the turret there's not going to be much swiveling going on anyway.....you might as well configure it in the down position for all of the good reasons stated in the previous posts.

The only case where you wouldn't want to use the standard port configuration would be in those very rare few regulators that may restrict one of the low pressure ports to limit flow to a BC etc. You wouldn't want to use that port for breathing. The only reg like that that in my memory is some early Poseidon regulators. They marked that port for the drysuit connection. Otherwise, the regulator is gravity independent and you can orient in any way that gives you the best hose routing and access. With Tech diving, one of the regs is almost always in a "non-stock" orientation.

I must have been asleep when I posted this. I meant:
The only case where you shouldn't consider using a non-standard port configuration would be in those very rare few regulators that..............

Promo,

Take a look at my profile pic. Is that what your valve looks like? I had to turn my valve up (California style) because my valve handle interfered with one of my hoses. I finally got tired of being poked in the back of my head by the valve and bought a swivel pivot so I could angle the hose a bit differently. Maybe something similar would solve your issues.
Piranha Dive Manufacturing

oops. Link didn't quite work. Paste "First Stage 360 Swivel" into their site search.

Until recently we used SP MK10s. I mount mine "normal" and my husband mounts it "upside-down" - he's tall, I guess the hoses route better for him that way.

I've got my Legend first stage upside down. (with hoses configured that way permanently).

+1 on that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom