Attaching camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DJ69...thanks for the tip, I'll look into it. But we've used several things for lubricant, not just WD-40. Sewing machine oil has worked the best! :mean:

I always hand my camera up to the boat crew. There's too much beating and banging around to get gear up on the boat to have a camera attached too. I also don't jump in the water holding my camera. I have a crewman hand it down to me. That can get really interesting in strong surface currents! My rig is just barely negative. So I have had them just place it in the water and I'll catch it as I descend. I ONLY do this when the bottom is within rec limits!

In most places where I dove from a boat there was no ladder to climb back on, and no real crew, only the guy who sail it (if he did not get into the water as well. :rolleyes:
As divemaster I often jump last into the water after helping every one with the rig's and often being asked to hand over the camera/light after the person got into the water. we have never lost equipment this way, also not in high sea.

BTW - I was also told that Sewing machine oil is the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom