Attaching camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have a similar lanyard affiar to those shown, but at the end is male buckle, then attached to my BC d ring is another ring (with screwed release if that makes sence) and a short piece of webbing then a female buckle. In an emergency i can unclip it if need be, also when handing gear up to the boat it is easy to unclip.

The only problem i have is that the buckle is same size as the buckle on the flexible section, and sometimes i relaese the buckle by feel only to realise i didnt relase the flexible section, but unclipped the whole asembly.

I may try and change the piece attached to the camera to a fixed piece of webbing long enough to use at arms length, this will avoid the buckle issue.

I did once catch a nexus housing that was dropped due to an OOA sitauation, and if i hadn't been looking up at the time it would have hit me on the head, so i think there is a good argument for attaching things to avoid this situation.

Would you just listen to all of US...lol

Crazy_J
:doctor:

I attatch my camera with a metal chain to a eye screw I have drilled into my skull! The aggressive animals don't come near me cuz they are all scared, like "WHOAH! That guy drilled a hole in his head! He must be a psycho!" So I don't have to fight any critters off! :wacko: I don't have to worry about entanglment because I'll just yank real hard and it will pull the screw out of my brain! Most people would think that might pose a problem, but chicks dig scars!

I just returned from a Blackbeards trip. I had;-0 an Olympus 3040 and a pt-10.

The first dive had a really strong current. I was really happy with the way the coil clip freed my hands so I could climb the ladder. I used to just use the wrist lanyard and the camera would sling all over the place.

Well, when I was taking my bc off, I noticed the camera was gone. The dive master went in after it but, with the current, it was long gone.

So by all means get the coil it works great, however, I wouldn't recommend the plastic clip.

It was an expensive lesson.

But hey
:bounce: now I get to upgrade to the pt 15 and 5050!!!
Ken

Hello,

Sorry about your lost gear. This is what the deck hands are there for. You hand them your camera BEFORE getting out of the water then get yourself out.

Ed

Yikes...

Mix Plastic Clips w/ Expensive Equipment....Scarrez Me..:wacko:

Bummer 'bout the gear! :(

Crazy_J
:doctor:

Hello,

Yet another reason to not use killer neckstraps/lanyards/etc.. Do you really want to trust several thousand dollars in gear to a $20 connector? Dangling on the connector hitting who knows what and damaging the unit plus the enviroment? Personaly I don't use anything, I hand hold my rigs. I also know where they are at all times.

Ed

Ken....now you know why we use the one with the brass clip on it!

Glad it didn't ruin your trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom