Attaching Accessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i primarily use retractors for my flashlight and greyslate.

remember that it's a good idea to carry an easily accessible trilobite cutting tool if you are wearing retractors.

I use a backplate with wing and attach lights and cameras with boltsnaps to the D-rings. My DSLR camera is attached to my left chest D-ring and my left hip D-ring. Its connection is strong enough to carry it this way out of the water while climbing a ladder. When swimming with hands extended forward and the camera slightly bouyant it stays on the side and under my armpit. I like it very much and it's out of my way until I need it. Other accessories I keep in the pockets of my shorty or dry suit.

Hi,
Just wondering how people prefer to attach accessories to their BCD?
I want to attach my torch and small camera to my BCD so that they are secure but easily accessible. I have until now used a wrist lanyard but find this doesn't work well when existing/entering a boat.
Thanks in advance!
I have mine on a lanyard that can be clippod off when I'm not using the camera.

My DSLR camera is attached to my left chest D-ring and my left hip D-ring. Its connection is strong enough to carry it this way out of the water while climbing a ladder.

That works good for some diving conditions. Getting back on a boat latter when seas have picked up I prefer to pass the camera up to crew before I get on the ladder. Been knocked around and onto the ladder a few times.

bolt snap to d-rings and bungee loop to keep the unattached end from dangling. dsmb gets bolt-snapped to the bottom of my backplate sandwiched between my butt and the bladder so stays nice and secure. anything big like a camera or go-pro also get attached in the back for entry / exit and when i'm not using it.

also, if you don't need it, don't bring it.

I always carry one 1200 lumen torch with a single ended bolt snap attached to a shoulder d-ring. If i'm night diving I put an identical torch on the other d-ring. The strap coming down from the d-ring has some bungee that I can tuck my dangling torch into. Easy to get, store, and so steamlined you don't even know its there.

I sometimes carry an Olympus TG-6 in the Olympus housing. I have that on a larger single ended bolt snap. I usually just hold it but if I want to snap it off fast I snap it off to my crotch strap or hip D-ring. If i'm putting it away for the rest of the dive it gets bolted to my rear d-ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom