Attach snorkel to mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skittl1321

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I got a new mask after my first pool classes, and I like the mask much better- it is much more comfortable, although if I laugh underwater it leaks a bit (not sure if there is anyway around that...)

The problem is, I think the strap is narrower than my old mask (my old mask was a full size, too big for my face and this one is a "midi") and I cannot get the snorkel to stay attached to it. It fell off 3 times during the pool class I did yesterday.

Are there any gadgets, or even better cheap DIY ways to make the snorkel stay on my mask strap?

i have one of these and love it.
Oceanic Snorkel Lock Kit

OCNSLK.JPG

Neoprene snorkel keepers are the way to attach snorkels to masks. The only problem is that they wear out over time.

Ask your instructor to help you get it on, since some snorkels are too big at the top.

But the real secret is to ditch the snorkel as soon as you can when diving.

Agree with Beano. Wow that's new. Use a silicone snorkel keeper, big rubber band, or even a bungee hair tie to hold it on there for the class. Then unless you are snorkeling with it, leave it in the car or dive bag.

I like this snorkel for students and myself. Less than 20 bucks.

Welcome to UDM Aquatic Services
Simple j tube and slides out of the holder easily or the whole thing will come off with a minimum of fuss so I can jam it in my BC waist belt. Truth be told though I only use it for snorkeling classes. Don't take it on dives unless I have to in order to meet training standards.

The Oceanic one came on my folding snorkel. Lasted about 50 dives. Then it would come off in current or just from getting lightly bumped. Got rid of it and replaced it with a cheap detachable from a Sam's club snorkeling set I wasted money on years before. It still works 7 years later.

Back
Top Bottom