Atomic Z2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Performance wise, you're not getting anything superior. The Apeks (your Zeagle uses their designs) regulators breathe as nicely as the Atomic regulators. You might want to consider migrating to another brand, if servicing becomes an issue. Otherwise, keep what you have.

Personally, I own Atomic regulators and have used Apeks regulators as well.

O.

I owned a Z2 (own SP too) and can recommend it highly! It is a great reg & breathes as well as anything out there.

At this point in the history of modern diving, regulator designs have been pretty well tested. There is not a lot of difference in recreational performance between the top models of the top selling brands as most never work hard enough to really push the regulator's air delivery design limits, the only other discriminator in rec diving is cold water reliability. The Military, working divers, and tech divers will see a difference at the deeper depths they dive and workloads. The real differences get slightly larger when you look at initial cost, maintenance costs, parts support, and long term reliability from various manufacturers. Scubapro established better performance back in the day, but now that patents have run, we we benefit from competition. I like my Scubapro regs, but the downside has been some impossible to deal with dive shop owners for maintenance over the years. Now that Atomic has some history I have options for alternatives of equal design and performance.

Of course the "cool factor" is what is most important. I did dive SP regs until a few years ago when I got a heck of a deal on a T3. Before I got the T3 I would walk on the dive boat and no one really noticed me. Now with the T3, they fall to their knees in some type of hero worship. :wink:

Of course the "cool factor" is what is most important. I did dive SP regs until a few years ago when I got a heck of a deal on a T3. Before I got the T3 I would walk on the dive boat and no one really noticed me. Now with the T3, they fall to their knees in some type of hero worship. :wink:

Sure they are not falling on their knees cause yer dragging a 7 foot hose and folks are tripping over it :D.

Sure they are not falling on their knees cause yer dragging a 7 foot hose and folks are tripping over it :D.

You're killing my dream Bro. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom