Atomic Z2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soamelt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have two decent regs already, an older diverite hurricane and a Zeagle 50D (although I keep having problems with the high pressure seat even after sending back twice and getting a new one), but can get a Z2 with guage for $300. It's only a year or two old and used one time. Is it worth the price given my current inventory? Would it be an upgrade to either of my other regs?

Also, I would have to convert to DIN, would any DIN kit work or do I need the $99 one from Atomic?

Thanks,

Greg

The Atomics are made by some former Scubapro guys. I have been diving Scubapro regs for decades. I just bought a B2 lightly used for cheap. I'm impressed by it. It is on par with my MK25-S600. Get the swivel, you won't go back. A guy that works at my LDS (Scubapro dealer) has a B2 Din and wants to convert to yoke, he will trade you. He asked me but I have all DIN tanks. PM and I will put you in touch.

The Atomic regulators are in a different class from the ones you have. The $300 price is excellent. You will need to use the DIN connector from Atomic made specifically for the Atomic regulator you buy.

they're not in a different class.... They are a helluva lot nicer for various reasons, but I certainly wouldn't put them in a different class of regulator. That said, if you're diving in the salty stuff, I'd stick with what you have since they're enviro sealed and can take a bit more salt water abuse

I have been using Atomic regulators (all models) since circa 1998 and I have had absolutely zero problems with them even though I go 4 - 5 years without servicing them. Their performance is simply without an equal (Scubapro is very close). They are top performers and the most reliable regulators I have seen and I have seen and serviced a lot over the last 40 years (30 years of which as a dive center and dive school owner and instructor). All use was and is in salt water in various regions of the world (New England to tropics to Mediterranean).

The Atomics are made by some former Scubapro guys. I have been diving Scubapro regs for decades. I just bought a B2 lightly used for cheap. I'm impressed by it. It is on par with my MK25-S600. Get the swivel, you won't go back. A guy that works at my LDS (Scubapro dealer) has a B2 Din and wants to convert to yoke, he will trade you. He asked me but I have all DIN tanks. PM and I will put you in touch.

Do you mean trade the yoke parts for the DIN parts? That could seal the deal for me as I don't want to shell out another $100 to convert.

I have a Z2 I use as the octopus with my Atomic T2x single tank reg set. I have had zero problems with it and it breathes well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if it came up cheaply. - P

Do you mean trade the yoke parts for the DIN parts? That could seal the deal for me as I don't want to shell out another $100 to convert.

I dropped some tanks off this evening and saw the guy when he was leaving. He said he would find out if the parts are the same between the B2 and Z2 as far as the DIN/yoke interface. I will know tomorrow.

I dropped some tanks off this evening and saw the guy when he was leaving. He said he would find out if the parts are the same between the B2 and Z2 as far as the DIN/yoke interface. I will know tomorrow.

They are the same as the first stages are all chrome plated brass. However, even that does not matter as all the first stages are made exactly a like - the only difference is the materials. So all of the parts are interchangeable.

They are the same as the first stages are all chrome plated brass. However, even that does not matter as all the first stages are made exactly a like - the only difference is the materials. So all of the parts are interchangeable.

I suspected that was the case, but left it to be verified as I have a long history of using Scubapro, but just acquired my first Atomic.

Back
Top Bottom