Atomic yoke to din conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDMerk

Contributor
Reaction score
I see that LP has a yoke to din conversion kit for around $70. I'm thinking about changing over my Z2, but is this something I can handle on my own? what is involved in the process? Do I need any special tools?
I am pretty mechanically inclined and I hate the idea of paying my LDS their insane labor rate if I don't absolutely need to...their impressed with themselves...

You might want to give these guys a call Scuba Gear Scuba Diving Equipment Discount dive gear Snorkeling Equipment and Wetsuits Cheap online They sell that kit for less than LP and will give you the SB discount on top of that. I want to say that I paid around $60.00 for the 2 I bought.
And you can certainly do this on your own. You either need a shallow 1" socket or a big adjustable wrench. Hold reg securely and remove large nut. Then assemble according to directions.
Safe Dives
Charlie

Yep, pretty easy to do, if you have the wrench.

the K

lol...well i have a wrench. The only reason I ask is because the LDS tells me in gonna die if i try to do it myself. It looks simple enough.

Hatul beat me to it.
I converted both my Atomics regs and my Sherwood from yoke do DIN, and I assure you I am going to die. Just hopefully not soon.
It is much easier to do with the proper socket, and you can make your own with a die grinder, or buy one here 1" Yoke Nut Socket
But a wrench works. Sounds like it's time for a new shop.
Safe Dives
Charlie

Hatul beat me to it.
I converted both my Atomics regs and my Sherwood from yoke do DIN, and I assure you I am going to die. Just hopefully not soon.
It is much easier to do with the proper socket, and you can make your own with a die grinder, or buy one here 1" Yoke Nut Socket
But a wrench works. Sounds like it's time for a new shop.
Safe Dives
Charlie

Do you use a torque wrench to tighten the nut when going back to yoke?

Adam

I would like to make that conversion sometime soon as well. For diving with Yoke tanks I will of course need a yoke adaptor then. Can anyone tell me if I will run into issues regarding the long/short DIN threadings (200 vs. 300 bar)? I heard that they are different lengths of DIN adaptors and valves and certain combinations won't fit.

Thanks!

I would like to make that conversion sometime soon as well. For diving with Yoke tanks I will of course need a yoke adaptor then. Can anyone tell me if I will run into issues regarding the long/short DIN threadings (200 vs. 300 bar)? I heard that they are different lengths of DIN adaptors and valves and certain combinations won't fit.

Thanks!
More then you wanted to know.
SCUBA Valves: Regulator Fittings, 200 vs 300 Bar FAQ and Cylinder Neck Threads - Dive Gear Express
As I am the one you "heard" from, I guess I needed to supply the answer.

don O

It only costs you a beer to ask me in person ,,,,,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom