Atomic vs Apeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an Atomic M1; I love it. The Wife has an Atomic B2; she loves it.

However you can't go wrong with either reg; really.

I have narrowed my decision down to ATX 50 & 100. My question is: How often do the parts go bad/or need replacing. I was thinking of buying a new reg overseas (DIVEINN), which would come with no US warranty. In that case I think I could do the overhauling each year my self with some literature. I am very mechanically oriented, rebuilding a reg can be that hard or complicated, or is it. How expensive are the parts?? OR is this just a stupid path?
thx

I just ordered my ATX50 DS4 ATX40 set up from DIVEINN. I cant wait to try it out in the Similans. Thx to everyone for their help.

the ATX200 is a sweet reg with a nice compact first stage- I dive with an ATX-100, and the only problem that I have (and a colleague has with his 200) is that its a bit of a wet breath upside down.

That is the same setup I have. Very reliable and the parts do not wear very easily at all. I do not know how the parts works for the european systems though. You will like it very much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom