Atomic regulator Z2 discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seeker242

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I was at a local shop today looking at new regulators. The sales guy was trying to sell me a B2 because I said I was interested in either a Z2, Z3 or B2. I kept asking him the price of a Z2 and eventually he told me it was discontinued and the replacement was the Z3. It was obvious he was trying to sell me the most expensive one I mentioned. I was wondering if this is true or not when he said it's discontinued? If not, either he just didn't know, but he should since he is an authorized dealer. Or, he was just lying to me. Either way, neither of those things are good...If what he said is not true.

Your LDS is correct, the z2 is discontinued.

Thanks. I was wondering if the guy knew what he was talking about because when I asked him about un-pressurized soaking, with the seat saving orifice, he looked at me like I was from outer space! Ha! He had no idea what I was talking about. Although, he wasn't the first one. I spoke with 2 other shops about it, who are also authorized dealers, and they gave me the same look...

If we assume their website is current apparently they've stopped manufacturing the Z2x and the T2x.

Capture.jpg

Although it makes sense since the Z2x is basically a Z2 with a swivel hose - included on the Z3 now.

Another interesting change is they no longer link to their online store on the website. I know it was there earlier this summer.

FYI, I just ordered some on the 25th.

9939249e3f8f85a8cdf298a499295811.jpg

This is a photo of my invoice minus the proprietary information.

So no, they are not discontinued, at least they haven't said anything to me as a dealer, and I'm still getting them in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hello All!

Thanks for the posts and, of course, the support! To clarify: The Z2 has NOT been discontinued...It is still produced monthly at Atomic Aquatics. The Z3 regulator has replace the discontinued Z2X. We wanted to simply update the styling of the Z2X and created the Z3. But, the Z2 is still around and a great option.

Thanks everyone.

Kind Regards,

Ryan Kenney
Atomic Aquatics/Huish Outdoors

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom