Atomic regs/cold water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you search google for the new reg, you can see pictures where a few online dive shops posted fit then deleted it. I saw this the other day…..so this was just found by a simple search.

Coaxial diaphragm

View attachment 785214
Ah! So it's the second stage that's new!
Just looks like a T3 first.
But the second? Coaxial diaphragm?
That's the mistake Scubapro made with the D420. They got rid of the D400's coaxial diaphragm/exhaust valve in favor of looking better on those stupid ANSTI loops with exhalation work of breathing. In consequence you take that beautiful center balanced valve and detune it to 1.3" to make up for the exhaust valve position. Blasphemy.

Nice work, @staggsSevin !!!
I wonder what sort of valve their TFX second has? It looks like it just might be center balanced... Add Atomic's devotion to quality, and it might be better than the D420.

Screenshot_20230526_215854.jpg

"...and it might be better than the D420."

That's what scares me as you know if set is priced at $2700 the second stage will be spendy, assuming at some point they offer it as an individual stage.

Yeah, that exhaust seems to track what SP did with the D420, trying to "chimney" the exhaust bubbles to decrease exhalation WOB.
The pic above looks even more extreme, maybe trying to create even more chimney'ing to make up for the lower position of the coaxial exhaust valve. Dunno. Interesting possibilities.

Now if only they'd improve their Monel or just switch back to SS pistons...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom