Atomic Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Since the intro of the B2 and M1 I have question on servicing of the Z1. The Z1 has the Zirconium Tube like the M1 the Titanium lever Like the B2 yet it says 1 year service interval. Aren't all the soft parts the same? I'm thinking of monitoring performance intermediate pressure and cracking just to see what the differences are it sure seems like with the same components and the lack of a swivel it has the ability to go as long as all the other atomics. Opinions? :dazzler1:

ddown:
Since the intro of the B2 and M1 I have question on servicing of the Z1. The Z1 has the Zirconium Tube like the M1 the Titanium lever Like the B2 yet it says 1 year service interval. Aren't all the soft parts the same? I'm thinking of monitoring performance intermediate pressure and cracking just to see what the differences are it sure seems like with the same components and the lack of a swivel it has the ability to go as long as all the other atomics. Opinions? :dazzler1:

You could probably go 2 years, but I like to take my M1 and B1 in every year along with all the other stuff that needs annual inspection/rebuilds, regardless of what the manufacturer says.

It's nice to get it all disassembled, cleaned, checked and in the case of the B1, repacked with the grease that keeps it from icing up in very cold water.

I don't have the book handy, but you should check what the recommended interval is, since I beleive if you don't bring it in for a scheduled service, there's some effect on the warranty.

Terry

Web Monkey:
I don't have the book handy, but you should check what the recommended interval is, since I beleive if you don't bring it in for a scheduled service, there's some effect on the warranty.

One of the attractive things about Atomic for me was that they're the only manufacturer I could find for whom this isn't the case. Currently they say "This warranty is not contingent upon obtaining annual service, and will maintain in effect for the lifetime of the original owner."

(Though, granted, they do go on to say "It is recommended however that maintenance include an annual safety inspection to be performed by an authorized Atomic Aquatics dealer or by the factory." Safety inspection != reg service.)

The warranty is not dependent on annual or any servicing requirements because you pay for parts. My original question is based on the premise of 2 years 300 dive interval I might get 2 year 150 dives if I'm have a good year. that plus the M1 and the Z1 use same second stage Zircomium tube and it has same ist stage parts as the B2 without the Swivel

Back
Top Bottom