Atomic masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aaen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey

I have been trying to find a new maks for awhile, I have a cressi big eyes that seems to fit rather well these days no leaking at all, so I decided it was time to upgrade, really liked the poseidon 3d mask and tried it out, no leaks when in the pool snorkeling or on a regulator, as soon as I went into the ocean and below 30 feet the darn thing leaks like you wouldn't believe.

Anyways I'm tired of clearing every few minutes, so am curious if the new atomic masks are built for a more wider face/or a small face. I guess the only way I will ever know is if I try one on.

Any help would be appreciated though!

thx

Steve

The Atomic did not fit my friends face well and his is fairly narrow. I would try it on though to see. I like the mask very much. I use Cressi Big Eyes an am happy with it but would like to go frameless.

The only thing to do is try it. Mine fit me well before I dove with it. I've been very pleased with it since then. Great field of vision. I can look down and see things attached on my BC so much easier now. With a regular mask it was a struggle.

The ones out now are for a normal to wider face. It is my understanding that a version for a smaller face is to be released soon.

I bought one of the frameless ones before my last trip. It is now by FAR my favorite mask. I might even throw my other 6 masks away :)

Dave

thanks for the repleis, forgot I asked about the atomic masks. Anyways still haven;t found one in phoenix, sigh, the two places I found that carry them said that the would only order them in for me. Which to me doesn't make much sense, as io would like to try before i buy, but I guess I may just have to fork out the cash or keep diving my big eyes.

Oh well thems the breaks I guess.

Steve

My son and I both got the new atomic masks before our Fiji trip and love them. I would think we both have a normal size face. Once I checked out the glass on white paper and it stayed white as oppose to turning green like the typical mask, I was sold. The vision is great. I got our at scubatoys and got the scubaboard discount.

Hmmm. I have used the Mares X-Vision in the past, which has always been "on the verge" of being too wide for me. And most other folks have been able to wear my X-Vision masks with ease.

So, I'd say my face is a bit narrower than the average.

I just switched to the Atomic Frameless. It is a perfect fit for me. My wife (with a smaller face than me) can wear it without leaking, so, I would have thought the Atomic masks are on the narrow side.

<shrugs> The only way to be sure is to try one.

All the best, james

I tried Atomic frameless in a shop, both of them. Frameless didn't fit me, but Subframe was fine, and it's a good mask, field of vision is wider than X-vision, but not better downwards. It's too expensive, though. I also tried Scubapro Frameless and a filed of vision is much worse than both X-Vision and both Atomic masks.

It's a standard adult mask, you really need to try it on. If you're ever in Dallas, come on by and try one on, I really loved it when I test dove it in Bonaire.

Britt :fish:
CrazyScuba.com

Back
Top Bottom