Atomic Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fast5frog

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Any opinions about the Atomic Frameless mask Ultraclear? Which is better, the frameless or the sub-frame?

I won't wear another mask :)

I have the subframe and love it -- low volume, clear glass, good field of view. It fits my face perfectly, and it's got the usual Atomic build quality.

I like the field of vision of the frameless, but I have to shut my eyes to clear it or the water bubbles into my eyes. Someone else had the same complaint.

The ultraclear black frameless is a good one. I never had a two lens mask, so the single lens was my pick. The glass makes a significant difference. My buddy tried mine a few times and got one too. It is real low volume so I clear it before going straight down. Otherwise the water goes into the nose pocket and in my nose.

I paid "out the nose" for mine. Leisure Pro started selling them, and buddy paid a whole lot less. Maybe that's why he is a boss at work.

They both rock...two of our best sellers...I wear the sub frame..It fits my pointy head better...H

I <3 my sub frame.

the sub frame is my next purchase. Can't wait to try it on, hope it fits my face. :11:

I have the Framless, is an amazing mask for sure. Wonderful field of view.

fast5frog:
Any opinions about the Atomic Frameless mask Ultraclear? Which is better, the frameless or the sub-frame?

I have a clear frameless, and will be buying a black frameless for a backup and photo work. The only issue I have is when you do get some water in there, and go head down, it gets in your eyes. I just have to remember to clear it first. The problem is that there is usually nothing to clear, so I don't do it out of habit.

I have a sub-frame. I'm actually thinking of buying a spare to keep on the shelf, just in case Atomic ever stopped making it for some reason.

Top banana. Love it. :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom