Atomic Mask Leaks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had the same leaking problem on the Frameless so I bought the SubFrame (regular) and discovered leaking on that as well. Must be my fat head.

BKP: I recently tried on the SeaVision at the Dive shop and thought it felt pretty good. I'll give it a try.

I figured as much...regarding the fit issue and use of a reg., I understand that the LDS would not take it back, and honestly wouldn't expect them to. They are both the regular size (for one post)...And, upon writing, I realized that I failed to mention that I do not have a mustache (nor does my wife! :no ). I was hoping there was something I'd missed, after fitting (again, w/o a reg or snorkle), I must have been too excited to try out the ultraclear!!! damn! Anyone think the Mask Leak Sealant from Dive Right in Scuba will help? My wife loved her Cressi Big Eyes, so, I'll probably get her a Matrix, but I'd love to salvage these (use one pair myself and keep a back-up) if that stuff works...

Add'ly, appreciate all the alternate recommendations! Tx.

rakkis:
I doubt a reasonable merchant would exchange them after a year of use.

Agree. Sorry, I didn't note the duration in orignal post.

NYRugby:
Add'ly, appreciate all the alternate recommendations! Tx.

I am assuming that cosmetic surgery to make your faces mask friendly is out of the question. :11:

If you are resorting to greasing these things to try to make them work you are trying way too hard.

Why can't your wife go back to a Big Eyes mask?

It's a very popular items these days. You have way to much time and money tied up in diving to fuss with this brands version of the ultimate mask. Put them in the classifieds and get on with finding something that works for you folks.

Pete

Definately getting the wife the Big Eyes/Matrix...it was I that was going to mess with trying to make it work for me...upon review, the recommendation to give up the ghost, is the most logical...Tried, doesn't fit...move on...

Okay...anyone want to buy aa Atomic sub frame, black skirts, one blue, one red...ha ha ha.:D

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Not sure how it happened, but the Lynny post is from me...apparently the computer was logged on for my wife...

Either that or Lynny has a wife...:no

I have one, and have had no problems with leaks. Even with some stubble under my nose. Just my 2psi...

I tried both the Frameless and the Subframe, they both leaked on me and on my wife. I guess we both have smallish faces. I sold them both on this board, and got a Mares liquidskin, which is perfect.
Every face is different.

Hate to say it, but join the club. It's a fit issue and it can only be corrected with a new /different mask.
I've gone through don't know how many till finding one that's just right.
Good luck

i don't want to make this thread turn into a broken record, but i have a sub-frame and love it since it fits perfect and doesn't leak, but as everyone else has said and it is true, each person is different and you have to find what works for you. go to your LDS and try different styles until one fits

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom