Atomic M1 Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just for clarification there are two possible swivels. The first is on the first stage where the LP hoses connect. This is std on the T2, B2, and M1 and optional on the Z2. If you get it on the Z2 it is the same as the B2 first stage.

Then there is the second swivel that is on the second stage. Actually the swivel is on the hose that connects to the second stage. This is standard on the T2 and B2.

There is not an issue with these titanium regs and nitrox - they are rated up to 40%. However, some people have an issue with it like the dive shop I use. So, I decided that I did not want a titanium reg because I did not want it to ever be an issue for me. Not everyone is concerned. It is only a problem if you do tech diving that exceeds 40% oxygen. I am told that they are fine for recreational limits. The M1 is rated up to 80% nitrox. Also, according to the user manual, you can switch between air & nitrox on the M1 without any problems. This was not the case with the other regs. They suggest that you have it dedicated for one or the other and not switch between the two. I know that people do switch between them though, but this is not what is recommended.

Yes there are two swivels (first & second stages) and I wanted swivels on both like the B2 has. I just didn't want the titanium to ever be a problem for me. So, I simply opted to add a swivel to an M1.

Amadeus023:
There is not an issue with these titanium regs and nitrox - they are rated up to 40%. However, some people have an issuewith it like the dive shop I use. So, I decided that I did not want a titanium reg because I did not want it to ever be an issue for me. Not everyone is concerned. It is only a problem if you do tech diving that exceeds 40% oxygen. I am told that they are fine for recreational limits. The M1 is rated up to 80% nitrox. Also, according to the user manual, you can switch between air & nitrox on the M1 without any problems. This was not the case with the other regs. They suggest that you have it dedicated for one or the other and not switch between the two. I know that people do switch between them though, but this is not what is recommended.

Yes there are two swivels (first & second stages) and I wanted swivels on both like the B2 has. I just didn't want the titanium to ever be a problem for me. So, I simply opted to add a swivel to an M1.

I actually just picked up a new 2nd stage swivel today(comfort... not the universal). If I remember correctly, it indicates the the swivel it's self is only good up to 40 %... in case you are thinking of using anything higher.

Darcy may want to confirm this but I'm pretty sure that's what I read.

Scared Silly:
Just for clarification there are two possible swivels. The first is on the first stage where the LP hoses connect. This is std on the T2, B2, and M1 and optional on the Z2. If you get it on the Z2 it is the same as the B2 first stage.

Then there is the second swivel that is on the second stage. Actually the swivel is on the hose that connects to the second stage. This is standard on the T2 and B2.
I didn't know that any of them came standard with a swivel on the first stage.

We have 3 Z2s (wife, kid, and my back up) and an AquaLung legend LX DIN ACD, and they all breath smooth under demand at any depth.

I added the comfort swivel to my M1 and I do not intend to exceed 40% nitrox. I never thought I would become a diver in the first place though, so who knows what tomorrow will bring. I will deal with that when the time comes if I decide to explore tech diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom