Atomic Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honkeye

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just gone to buy some split fins, and have been told that the Atomic one are the best you can buy any support to this or any comments.

cheers

I've never tried the Atomic, but I love its buckle system! I use Scubapro's Twinjets and love them! I think the Atomic is the highest priced split fin. At least here they are. Tusa also has split fins (X-pert Zoom) and Oceanic just came out with one. They all work on the same principle..just find one thats comfortable on you.

After going from a "paddle" fin to the split fin, I will never go back!

I have both Bio-fins and the SCUBAPRO Twin jet fins. I'd check out the appollo bio-fins if I were you. I love mine, only have the scubapros because of big boots on a drysuit that I can't get the bios into. (Size 14) I have the LL bio's. Split fins are the way to go though

Well, I love the Atomic's. They are more like a standard blade than any of the other split's I've used. You really can't go wrong with either the Twin Jets or the Atomics... It's a personal prefrence thing. Try as many as you can and decide on what works best for you.

Good Luck :D

Ohh by the way.. the Atomics are GREAT for big feet

Hi Honkeye:

I recently bought the Atomics & they really are the best. You get maximum thrust with minimum effort & they fit oh so comfortably. They've actually reduced my air consumption by 300-500psi since I started diving with them.

If you're willing to spend the $$$$ then go for it. I love mine.

Ooop.. just as a side note... avail from leisurepro.com for like $140- no warranty but who needs one?? :D

TRY EM BEFORE YOU BUY EM

I can't claim to have tried any others, but I'm really impressed with the Tusa Xpert Zoom splits that I bought. After trying them in the pool, I didn't want to take them off!

As everybody else says, try 'em before you decide. The technology is pretty much the same on any of them, but some will feel more natural than others

Just make sure you take an inovation from the DIR people and get the spring straps. Too awesome for words!!!

:tease:

Hey NETDOC: do you use the black ones or the grey/blue ones?

I tried the grey ones and they are SOOOO flimsy they barely moved my big ol' arse through the so cal waves... I've heard that the black ones are MUCH better? Any insight into that?

I still love my atomics, just so much more versitile in my opinion...

Hey Wheezy...

I agree with you, the grey ones are not for SCUBA... snorkeling maybe, but not cruising with a bunch of gear. The blacks are superb, and the spring straps are just too awesome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom