Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I picked up my Cobalt Saturday and Atomic has really raised the bar with this computer. I can't speak for all computers on the market but to me, this is by a long shot the best I have been exposed to. Instead of having to comb through 80 pages of two column users manuals, the Cobalt is 45 pages with large print and nice high color depictions of the various settings available. ….

I had a chance to play with a Cobalt in a shop for about half an hour. I had no trouble changing everything without looking at the manual. The owner already changed the factory settings and said to set anything I wanted. Computers are about the only thing in the dive market where figuring the damn thing out is the biggest complaint. This should raise the bar for all new computers and I hope the first 20 of so were bought by competitors.

It was larger than I hoped, but a little smaller than a two-gauge console. It easily had the best gas management and planning functions I have seen, but maybe that was because I have not come across anyone who knew how to use them on other models. It will be interesting to see if it proves to be reliable. It would be tempting to try strapping it to your forearm, though it would really limit the use of the compass.

I take offense to that quote!
url
too funny!!

Sigh.

I was hoping that coming out with a Mac-friendly Cobalt computer application would be the top priority, -sic- :D

I second the Mac option.

Hi All, A little info my dealer received from Atomic and sent me today Hope this helps some of you;

Now that the computer is out there here are a few points I would like to make you aware.

1) Make sure all your consumers who purchase the computer do a warranty registration (Preferably online at Atomic Aquatics - Before Atomic Aquatics, there was no "best' in scuba diving). The computer comes with a 1 year warranty but if they register online we will extend the warranty for another year. That is a 2 year warranty. This is important as we need the contact information so we can make sure dealers and consumers both are aware when we have software upgrades for you and them to download.

2) The Atomic Cobalt Logbook Download Software will be free and will available on the website at a soon to be announced date, so stay tuned to my emails and the website.

3) All software upgrades will be free and available to all Cobalt computer owners.

4) The Atomic Cobalt comes with the following items: A charger, USB download cable, Charger and Download Adaptor, High Pressure Hose with Quick Disconnect, Compass Calibration Box, and Instruction Manual. I am letting you know this as we have had reports of a dealer or dealers trying to piece sale the above mentioned parts of the Cobalt separately. Please do not do or consider this as this will lead to a great amount of EMBARRASSMENT! What comes with the Cobalt is on the Atomic Website and Atomic Aquatics Face Book page.

If you would like a self guided tour of the Cobalt please see below instructions:
Go to www.uplinetech.com; Click the Client Log In link; At the prompt enter Atomic as the user, and Cobalt as the password (it is case sensitive).

or

To check out more information on the Cobalt go to Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer - Simply Brilliant.

Hi All, A little info my dealer received from Atomic and sent me today Hope this helps some of you;

If you would like a self guided tour of the Cobalt please see below instructions:
Go to www.uplinetech.com; Click the Client Log In link; At the prompt enter Atomic as the user, and Cobalt as the password (it is case sensitive).[/url].

The link above for the tour is to a test site that will not be maintained or active- the up to date tour and information is at the Atomicaquatics.com website. Direct link to the tour is:
Cobalt Guide: Home

It amazes me that some dealers would actually consider breaking the package apart and then attempting to sell the components at an additional fee. Unbelievable!

Make sure all your consumers who purchase the computer do a warranty registration (Preferably online at Atomic Aquatics - Before Atomic Aquatics, there was no "best' in scuba diving). The computer comes with a 1 year warranty but if they register online we will extend the warranty for another year. That is a 2 year warranty.

Hmmm.

I'm seriously hoping you misspoke here.

I registered mine via snail mail. I tried registering my T2 online a couple of years ago and found out later that AA had no record of it, so ever since I've registered all my Atomic gear--with three divers in the family I have a bunch--via the US Mail.

If the extended warranty is only for those who registered online, I'm not going to be a happy camper... :depressed:

On the other hand, my LDS gave me the Cobalt and all the aforementioned parts for free, but only after I coughed up $1,200 for the empty box.

Still so sad to see business ethics go down the proverbial toilet like that. I hope the folks at Atomic take notice who those dealers are that are scamming the customers that way!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom