Atom 2.0 users...quick question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SBP Studios

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does your Battery Hatch on your watch make a complete FLUSH seal all the way around? The lip of the hatch on the new Atom i got today does not sit flush.

It is water tight and fine based on a tub test but it still makes me nervous.

Sent off an email to Joe and Scubatoys but just wanted to see if any of you have this issue?

Yes it does. Looks like someone attempted to close it and didn't do a good job. I doubt it'd hold under pressure. Take it off and rethread it? Or take it back to where you bought it untouched and have them do it for you.

There is a very small gap near the hole with the double arrows.
The seal on the Atom is a Radial seal, the oring is sealed on the walls not the face.

fppf:
There is a very small gap near the hole with the double arrows.
The seal on the Atom is a Radial seal, the oring is sealed on the walls not the face.

Yup under those 2 arrows i can almost slide a dime in there!

Really makes me nervous. Seems like a poor design if its supposed to be that way. I think ill send it back to Scubatoys and see if they can swap it out for me. Dont want to find out at 150ft that its NOT supposed to have been there :11:

My Geo looks the same way. It looks like someone cross threaded the seal, yet it doesn't leak.

The gap on ours is about 1/32", you can almost get your finger nail under but.
Remember that as pressure increases the seal gets better.

But if in doubt send it back and get another one.

fppf:
The gap on ours is about 1/32", you can almost get your finger nail under but.
Remember that as pressure increases the seal gets better.

But if in doubt send it back and get another one.

Oh I could get 2-3 fingernails under this gap.

That is surprising. I can barely get a standard sheet of white paper in the gap on my Atom :eek:

Update: Scubatoys is sending me a new one today and im sending this one back.

Those guys are awesome!

Back
Top Bottom