Atmos Mission One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atmos User Log

-DAY 1 -Hour 22-

I am now convinced there is a Taiwanese man working for Atmos who attempts to manually transcribe my messages from my phone to my watch. Unfortunately his English is not up to the task.

He often must be irritated as he forces a disconnect of the watch from my phone and wont reconnect unless I complete the pairing process again. Maybe it was more messages to transfer over than his hourly rate or maybe the English language with homonym/homophone/homograph usage simply frustrate him. Or maybe he has been forced to work too many hours and/or maybe he just despises Android users.....

He seems to get enjoyment by having the watch constantly buzz me with nothing of value and no rhyme or reason why. Maybe this is one of his ways to show displeasure in his working environment just as he often refuses to turn on the back light when tilted.

I can see him laughing at me as I try repeated attempts to calibrate the compass as the calibration screen never changes. Apparently they designed it so that you cant tell if it ever really needs or finishes calibration....:letsparty:
ROTF

- Android app is still at the early stage, i wrote to the team couple times and was informed they are rebuilding the app. On the other end, iOS app looks great. The jealousy whenever i watch other online reviewers of the dive comp & their iphones
Found this online for those who are curious - Atmos Mission One Dive Computer -

Atmos User Log

-DAY 1 -Hour 22-

I am now convinced there is a Taiwanese man working for Atmos who attempts to manually transcribe my messages from my phone to my watch. Unfortunately his English is not up to the task.

He often must be irritated as he forces a disconnect of the watch from my phone and wont reconnect unless I complete the pairing process again. Maybe it was more messages to transfer over than his hourly rate or maybe the English language with homonym/homophone/homograph usage simply frustrate him. Or maybe he has been forced to work too many hours and/or maybe he just despises Android users.....

He seems to get enjoyment by having the watch constantly buzz me with nothing of value and no rhyme or reason why. Maybe this is one of his ways to show displeasure in his working environment just as he often refuses to turn on the back light when tilted.

I can see him laughing at me as I try repeated attempts to calibrate the compass as the calibration screen never changes. Apparently they designed it so that you cant tell if it ever really needs or finishes calibration....:letsparty:

As per my quote above regarding android app, it is even stated within the blog post above that notification doesnt work on android (its under "Daily Use / Battery Life & Notifications" for quick search). lol

Hmmm, as far as i recall, i was able to calibrate the compass, i think i did it on the dive boat before going down for a dive. Gotta take it out this weekend to try.

update: Checked their official website (atmos.app), I would concur with you on the "he just despises Android users..."

'Daily Smart Features'
Smart notifications ✔ (iOS, EN/CN/JP/KR)

As per my quote above regarding android app, it is even stated within the blog post above that notification doesnt work on android (its under "Daily Use / Battery Life & Notifications" for quick search).

Yes I did see your previous post on this and I appreciate your previous input ( I should have listened). This is the reason I called Divers Supply and asked directly if it was compatible with Android. I was told yes it is. They have even answered a question on their site that says that the app is compatible via Android as well.

So far the issues I have are:
- It randomly disconnect and reconnects ALL THE TIME- This is an unwanted alarm every time
- Random alarms even when it is connected
- 85% of messages and emails come across in "special English" and 15% dont come across at all
- It will be paired one moment and not the next. If i try to select connect on my phone it says it cant. The only way to fix this is to unpair via the watch and then re-pair until the next time this happens.

As such I absolutely agree with you that it doesn't work with Android and Divers Supply shouldn't be saying that it does.

EDIT: just checked the manual and it does state that it is Android compatible for smart notification as well...

update: Checked their official website (atmos.app), I would concur with you on the "he just despises Android users..."

'Daily Smart Features'
Smart notifications ✔ (iOS, EN/CN/JP/KR)

I concur:76feet:

Hmmm, as far as i recall, i was able to calibrate the compass, i think i did it on the dive boat before going down for a dive. Gotta take it out this weekend to try.

I was told that apparently it will always tell you to calibrate even if it is calibrated- Seems like a good design.....:clapping:

I noticed the other day that the temperature was considerable off while on my wrist. (8+ degrees) Though after testing today it seems when it is sitting by itself or when it is in water it is much closer.

Over all I like the watch but it isn't a Smart watch for Android and it does have other issues. I am still at odds with the tilt to turn on back light. It seems quite random and mine very well be broken. Though in this video he talks about a simple tilt to turn on the back light- doesn't happen for me. at 5:58

Though the manual and the divers supply site the back light is suppose to stay on in dive mode.
-Easy to read screen and big layout display

-Constant backlight

1. Can you turn the messaging off?
2. Anyone know how compatible it is with iOS?

1. Can you turn the messaging off?
2. Anyone know how compatible it is with iOS?
You can turn off the connection two ways. Just phone notifications like alarms and emails or just text and calls or both.

I turned them both off since just the connection alone is wonky.

I was trying it with an Apple to find out how it goes. So far it stays connected but I cant get it to send messages. Though the phone needs an update and that has been taking a while.

After some more testing it does work and seems to stay connected to the iPhone (11pro). So in the case of losing pair and disconnecting like the Android, it doesnt and it works as it should.

It also seems to sync faster for both GPS dive sites and logs.

Now the downside is that it seems to send messages with the fluency in English similar to my S9+. It is still missing letters, spaces and punctuation ocasionally.

Honestly I could live with that for a bit though. I just really dislike the constant loss of pairing and disconnections with Android.

Frankly, I could care less about the disconnection issues. I’m really interested about how it works as a dive computer. I use an Apple Watch - great connectivity, not so great at depth :wink:

Frankly, I could care less about the disconnection issues. I’m really interested about how it works as a dive computer. I use an Apple Watch - great connectivity, not so great at depth :wink:
I'm with @tridacna, I'm interested in how it works as a dive computer. I would never wear it as a watch, smart or otherwise

Yeah I hear you, though I dont currently own a smart watch. So I was a bit optimistic that this would fill the gap and be a good dive watch untill MK2. I also feel that if it is advertised as something that it should be reasonably functional and IMO it is not on either IOS or Android.

As far as diving I have high hopes for it and will see this weekend on whether I prefer the Exursion or this. Other than a few degrees off ambient temps, I have been playing around with the compass and while not stellar it works quite well.

I do hope they push an update in the future to give more user adjustability on the brightness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom