Atmos Mission One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've noticed that my NDL never shows anything [...] NDL would be changing based on what depth

I guess it depends a little, I assume when you dive the computer switches into dive mode, and you can see the depth changing correctly? NDL is displayed just above the depth, it normally shows "99+" basically indicating infinity.

It could be that you are doing dives shallower than 12M? in that circumstance it might never drop below 99mins NDL and appear as though it is not working when in fact it is.

I guess it depends a little, I assume when you dive the computer switches into dive mode, and you can see the depth changing correctly? NDL is displayed just above the depth, it normally shows "99+" basically indicating infinity.

It could be that you are doing dives shallower than 12M? in that circumstance it might never drop below 99mins NDL and appear as though it is not working when in fact it is.

That sounds like that's what it is, my deepest dive on it so far is just over 9m. It doesn't show 99+ though, I may need to update my firmware.

Point of order: “99+” indicates more than 99 minutes - not infinity. :wink:

Point of order: “99+” indicates more than 99 minutes - not infinity. :wink:
Yes, very true

Though at 9m and MED conservatism (85/40) i believe OP's theoretically looking at something like 420mins(?) NDL on your first dive which means over 5hrs before it will drop below 99+ which with my air consumption is as good as infinity :wink:

Yes, very true

Though at 9m and MED conservatism (85/40) i believe OP's theoretically looking at something like 420mins(?) NDL on your first dive which means over 5hrs before it will drop below 99+ which with my air consumption is as good as infinity :wink:

I'm a mathematician by training. Enough said. :oops:

I'm a mathematician by training. Enough said. :oops:

I'm a computer geek and I bet 99 was originally chosen because it's the largest number you can show on the 2-digit segmented LCD. The thought process behind putting "99+" on the smartwatch display is... a mystery.

On my dive logs the initial water temp shows as 170°F+ at the very beginning and then shows an accurate temp immediately after. Doesn't really bother me but I thought it was funny and made me do a double take the first time I saw it. It's been doing it on the old firmware and the latest version.
1EDFBCA3-6926-488A-B858-5F0AF560AE6B.jpg
C3460FB8-9C81-4054-B2A5-E9681DE1CF21.jpg
Anyone elses do this?

On my dive logs the initial water temp shows as 170°F+ at the very beginning and then shows an accurate temp immediately after. Doesn't really bother me but I thought it was funny and made me do a double take the first time I saw it. It's been doing it on the old firmware and the latest version. View attachment 656785 View attachment 656786 Anyone elses do this?

That's a heck of a thermocline!

Is it normal to take over 20 minutes to acquire the gps? Mine regularly takes 20 or more minutes to acquire a signal. To be clear...I have been in a clear location without any obstructions with the sky. This happens over a mile offshore on my RIB (no top) throughout the Florida Keys, as well as off Venice and Clearwater Florida and now offshore from Myrtle Beach, SC. I couldn't even make a connection yesterday. It kept timing out and returning to the home screen (even while resting my hand on top of my head for a few minutes).

I bought my Atmos last December and kept the firmware updated. I think there may be issues with my gps antennae.

Is there any customer support in the USA? The website seems to show a phone number only in Taiwan.

I'm debating on buying another on Amazon just to see if the gps works better...and then returning it. :wink: The only reason I bought the Atmos was to record my gps entry coordinates in case I'm too far to see my boat's dive flags when I surface. I primarily use my Perdix for regular dive information.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom