Atmos Mission One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just updated the watch to v1018. When I go into "Scuba" -> "Dive Plan" I can now adjust two parameters. The first parameter is "depth", which is the planned dive depth and it updates the NDL time. If I press the middle button on the right I can then update "min" in 5' increments between 0 and 60. What does that do?

Interesting. I just tried it. Doesn't do anything but change the minutes on left. No aparent effect on anything.
20201211_120134.jpg

I got some feedback from Atmos support. They said that it is for predicting NDL "in the future".
The way I interpret that is that you would use that functionality at the end of a dive to get NDL if you dive again "x" minutes from now.

I got some feedback from Atmos support. They said that it is for predicting NDL "in the future".
The way I interpret that is that you would use that functionality at the end of a dive to get NDL if you dive again "x" minutes from now.
Makes sense, additional surface interval

That's a convenient feature...

I did some deco dives recently with my M1 in my pocket in gauge mode. I presume the dots on this profile are deco related.....

Attachments

• 20201211_120435.jpg
    20201211_120435.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 93
Take a look at the manual and you will see that in "Gauge" mode the watch doesn't track nitrogen. When you surface after a dive in "Gauge mode" the watch will not allow you to go into "Scuba" mode for 24hrs. The only way to get around this is to go to "Settings" and "Reset Nitrogen".

I assume it doesn't run deco algorithm in gauge mode

I don't know what it was doing in real time, it was in my pocket. I was more surprised that it recorded dive profiles for the gauge mode dives. There's a "D" on the downloaded dive profile too. It didn't seem to take issue with 32% at 130 feet either....
2020_12_11_14.29.00.jpg

Interesting. I just tried it. Doesn't do anything but change the minutes on left. No aparent effect on anything.View attachment 629738
If that was a clean, 1st dive, adding SI would not increase the NDL. If that was a repetitive dive, adding SI should increase the NDL.

65 min at 61 feet on 32% seems like a short NDL for a 1st dive, unless the computer is set conservatively, a GF high of maybe 80 or so.

How did you set the depth at 61 feet, is it in increments of 1 ft? Most computers seem to have increments of 10 ft.

The MOD for 32% is generally accepted to be 111 ft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom