Atlantis Puerto Galera Dive Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Arrived in Manila on Friday 30th March, stayed overnight at the Intercon in Makati. Pick up at 1200 hrs bang on time then on to the airport to pick up two friends arriving on the SIA flight from Singapore. Boat transfer at Batangas ran smoothly, as did the arrival and luggage transfer from the main jetty to the resort.

Check in smoothly (helped by the neck and shoulder massage) and a good night's rest before the start of what was supposed to be 6 days diving. Unfortunately ear problems and a cold on Day 4 screwed that up, but I managed to photograph 90% of what I aimed for on Day 1 including Pygmy seahorses.

GTS_7328MCsig.jpg

Nudibranchs galore, but the usual site that was just overflowing previously with almost every type around here was very quiet (Boulders), Night dives on the wrecks were outrageous, including the Mandarin Fish dive at dusk.

The accommodation including dives and full board and transfers came to just over USD2,000, I spent an additional 18,000 pesos ($420) on drinks and a couple of t-shirts, stickers, aluminium pointer .... might sound a lot but I had three days of no diving so my rum intake increased :wink:

The staff are fantastic, really friendly and know your name from the moment you arrive. Rooms are spacious, food 7/10, service impeccable, and our dive guide Rusty has X-Ray eyes.

This was my third trip to PG, and for sure I am booking with Atlantis for my next trip even if it is the most expensive of all the dive resorts at Sabang, PG, you really do get what you pay for.

Camera Room with 110 and 220 V supply, compressed air for cleaning, and computers with free internet (even for your own laptop)

IMG_1117F.jpg

Beds are really comfortable, rooms fully air conditioned

IMG_1133F.jpg

Dive boats are pretty basic compared to Asia Divers, but when the furthest dive site is 10 minutes away, do you need more?

GSS_2552C.jpg

After you have initially set up your gear and analyzed your gas, everything is set up for you, but it is always your responsibility to check that your tank is on your own rig, never had a problem.

GSS_2551C.jpg

Rinse tanks for camera gear was the best I have ever come across, at other resorts I could not fit my housing into the rinse tanks as it was only set up for point and shoots.

Will I return here ...... absolutely, my friends Carole and Leon have been here 15 times and I now know why.

I guess I probably saw you among the divers at some point cause I was there around those days. Atlantis is popular and good, but I must point out that it probably has the highest price as well. Unfortunately the visibility wasn't really that good during those days, but I heard pg was raining for days prior to that couple of days so I consider myself lucky during my stay.

@ Blue Steal, yes they still charge extra for Nitrox, seems odd to me as very few people dive air at PG.

@ Lan, it rained for more than 3 weeks before I arrived apparently, and also for the first couple of days too, although the bad vis was mainly in the top 10M, down at 20-30M on "Boulders" and some other sites it was a good 10-15M vis. There was a large group of Americans there when I arrived (and departed) plus two guys who departed on the same boat as me - Kyle and George.

Still in Manila, was hoping to check out some local dive shops but I guess since it is still Easter they will be closed.

Nice report... and I like the new avatar pic too!

Back
Top Bottom