Atlanta area divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Dive Georgia quarry used to have another name. The facility was heavily vandalized and the operators shut it down. Last time I was there the chicken houses up on the hill stunk pretty bad and the water was "suspicious?" in my opinion. I asked for a report if the county had tested the safety of the water, but none was offered.

Lock Lo Minn in TN is a nice quarry. Longer drive, but cleaner water, IMO.
Loch Low-Minn Scuba Diving Resort

The Dive Alabama quarry is a nice facility, too.
Blue Water Park | ALABAMA'S PREMIER INLAND SCUBA DIVE SITE
There are sill times when there is a "dead" smell hanging in the air at Dive Georgia. Not sure if it is from the chicken houses or from another source.

There are sill times when there is a "dead" smell hanging in the air at Dive Georgia. Not sure if it is from the chicken houses or from another source.
:vomit: I'll pass.

Hello all! I am a temporary GA resident (April 2018 - May 2019) and currently staying in Augusta. I am starting to bring my dive gear down here anytime I visit home (Chicago). I would be interested in any cool local dives. From what it sounds like, a 7mm may be needed...

From Augusta, I'd say take a road trip to NC.

You're not far from Charleston, I've never been diving there, but there seem to be some decent wrecks. Gray's Reef off the Savannah/St. Simons coast isn't too far either. I think North Carolina would have the best ocean diving in the nearer areas though. For fresh water, I'm not sure of what lakes, etc. are around Augusta. Lake Jocassee in South Carolina may be a little too far to be worth it for you, but it can be a fun dive.

While most trips may be a little far for you, the Dive Shop - Marietta has been doing one day and weekend trips most weekends this summer. They're planning to venture out a little though, so you may want to look into their Facebook page just in case a group trip comes up closer to you. Also, check out the Georgia Dive Buddies Facebook page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom