Atlanta area divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We used to have a large group on here The Lake Lanier looney birds,sadly they all moved on. Looking for some people for local dives at Lanier and dives in other areas,

Anyone not busy for Labor Day weekend? Anyone want to meet up and go to dive ga quarry? I haven't been yet and might like to scope it out.

Hey all, just saw this thread and thought I'd stop in and say hi :)

I'm looking to do my AOW this weekend while I'm in Pensacola for work but live in Acworth. I definitely plan on hitting up the quarry sometime though.

Check out the Facebook group "Georgia Dive Buddies". It's a good place to find people to dive around the area, especially the quarry. I live in Marietta and am trying to dive the quarry and other fairly local places more often, so feel free to reach out.

Hey all, just saw this thread and thought I'd stop in and say hi :)

I'm looking to do my AOW this weekend while I'm in Pensacola for work but live in Acworth. I definitely plan on hitting up the quarry sometime though.
We also live in Acworth. Which quarry are you speaking of?

Yeah. The Dive Georgia Quarry. I discovered it in July and have been three times since. There's also Loch-Low Minn close to Knoxville which is a lot of fun. Also know of one in Glencoe, AL but haven't been to it. I think there are a few more within 2 to 3 hour drives.

The Dive Georgia quarry used to have another name. The facility was heavily vandalized and the operators shut it down. Last time I was there the chicken houses up on the hill stunk pretty bad and the water was "suspicious?" in my opinion. I asked for a report if the county had tested the safety of the water, but none was offered.

Lock Lo Minn in TN is a nice quarry. Longer drive, but cleaner water, IMO.
Loch Low-Minn Scuba Diving Resort

The Dive Alabama quarry is a nice facility, too.
Blue Water Park | ALABAMA'S PREMIER INLAND SCUBA DIVE SITE

Last edited:
Yeah I heard about how the Georgia Quarry used to be, but the new owners have cleaned things up and the facilities are very nice now. The visibility just isn't as clear as Loch Low-Minn though.

Last edited:
Yeah. The Dive Georgia Quarry. I discovered it in July and have been three times since. There's also Loch-Low Minn close to Knoxville which is a lot of fun. Also know of one in Glencoe, AL but haven't been to it. I think there are a few more within 2 to 3 hour drives.
The quarry in Glencoe, AL is Dive Land Park. Very nice quarry. For OW students I prefer Dive Land Park to Dive Georgia. There is a larger shallow section that is above the thermocline so much more for them to see. Usually the visibility is much better in the 0 - 25' range than what I see at Dive Georgia.

The facilities and staff at Dive Georgia are excellent. Dive Land Park really can't compare to what's available above water at Dive Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom