athletes foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want to disinfect your booties rather than toss em, soak them in stuff called Virkon. If you are in a rural area, farm supply stores or veterinarians will be able to get it for you. In cities, your vet would be able to order it for you, if you have a good relationship. Virkon is a disinfectant that kills just about everything, but is safe to have on your skin, and I suspect will not affect your booties at all. PM me if you need more info.

Wetvet

Athletes foot is a beatch....picked up a dose (that sounds bad) ovr 30 years ago in a campground shower in Utah...it has never completely disappeared, even after gallons of OTC sprays, creams, lotions, and Rx drugs.

Once, while working in a chem lab, the discomfort was so great I grabbed a bottle of 1:1 nitric acid and doused the area between my little toe...EEEOOOOW! Altho it almost killed me, it didn't do a thing to slow down the fungus, tho...I also thought about hitting it with some liquid nitrogen, but chickened out on that plan....

Best solution I've found is topical applications of an antifungal agent, going barefoot as much as possible, blowdry after showering...and only use clean, dry cotton socks.

But, even then it will re-occur...

Back
Top Bottom