Athen's June 4th anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It will be worth $10 for air if the vis is as awesome as I have been hearing. If not, well... surely it will be worth it to see Debra and Troy! ;o) As shallow as it is, you won't need a lot of fills, anyway. Yall have a fun time!

Foo

Not to worry....I've got two full tanks ready to go. I don't think I'll need a fill.

Just got back and it was a very nice day. We had 6 people out at Athen's and that included Scubatexan and Mle Osu from the Swamp Divers. The water temp was about 80 degrees. We did two dives. I have not been to Athen's in about 3 years. It's seems smaller than I remember it but still clear if there are not a lot of classes there. The park was not crowded at all. Only about 50 divers total I think. It was a nice long relaxing day and we spent the better part of the day talking, eating, and swimming between dives. We had a treasure hunt and gave away a few prizes. I tried a game that I played as a kid but it did not go as well as I remembered it. It involved crackers and then seeing who could whistle first. I forgot I was dealing with adults and they just ate the crackers and then whistled. So a word to the kids out there have fun while you can because you grow up and you gain common sense! :11ztongue

Debraw:
Just got back and it was a very nice day. We had 6 people out at Athen's and that included Scubatexan and Mle Osu from the Swamp Divers. The water temp was about 80 degrees. We did two dives. I have not been to Athen's in about 3 years. It's seems smaller than I remember it but still clear if there are not a lot of classes there. The park was not crowded at all. Only about 50 divers total I think. It was a nice long relaxing day and we spent the better part of the day talking, eating, and swimming between dives. We had a treasure hunt and gave away a few prizes. I tried a game that I played as a kid but it did not go as well as I remembered it. It involved crackers and then seeing who could whistle first. I forgot I was dealing with adults and they just ate the crackers and then whistled. So a word to the kids out there have fun while you can because you grow up and you gain common sense! :11ztongue

Sounded like a nice time!!!

I think everyone had a great time! It was good to see some familiar faces there, as well as meeting some new ones. And, I think it's safe to say that I will never have another bowl of soup and crackers to go with it without thinking of you, Debra...:)

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom