“Assembly fee” after vis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jim is (as usual) right on with pricing and service to the customer, as far as a shop charging to assemble , they can charge what ever they want to , BUT rip off a customer and they are gone for life . that's why I guarantee all my courses 100% money back , because I value return business . LDS doesn't see that ....... change shops but before you leave tell them why , maybe they will smarten up

1 thing you should ask is can they legally do an 02 clean ? vip? they should have all in good standing . I have been told that the old vip tech card that didn't expire is NOT so and is not defendable in a court of law ....... similarly the 02 expires also , store taught techs are not legal,...(im an instructor and I have to recert too ).that being said 02 cleaning is not rocket science

I don't know what Canadian law says about VIP's and O2 cleaning, but, in the US there is no law that requires anyone to get training from any specific agency to VIP cylinders and O2 clean them. PSI has a habit of putting out misleading info on this. Especially around the time of DEMA and other dive shows. Those taught to do VIP's and O2 cleaning by store owners are, legally speaking, able to do these. Are they competent to? Maybe, maybe not.

it is different here , but I am shocked from a ligation perspective that its ok .... especially there , proving they were competent might be very hard

it is different here , but I am shocked from a ligation perspective that its ok .... especially there , proving they were competent might be very hard
Please site the law or regulation that shows it to be different than the U.S.

glenn I don't think I will not engaging you

glenn I don't think I will as you suck and blow at the same time , preaching taking courses and not doing that ........ go away , I wont dignify you with any help , you break standards all the time , starting at teaching with out credentials
So in other words you don't have one to cite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom