Ask A Cop!!! Post Your Questions Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand your dilemma, I carry as well, but I would leave it home.

tiberiu:
I can't take it with me inside the building because there is regulation no fire arms alowed on property and that will only leave me with the choice of leaving the gun at home when I go to work .

I agree with leaving it at home. If you can't keep it with you at all times, it's better to not have it.

As far as regulations for your area...I'm surprised these weren't addressed at the time of your permit application/process. I'm sure you can read the law that covers this under the CCW bill. Sorry I can't be of more assistance on that one.

Kwbyron:
What happens when the person pulled over has a permit? who gets the ticket? or do you usually just lecture the new driver?

The permit-holder gets the cite, but I also admonish the person in the right front passenger seat who's supposed to be keeping a close eye on the driver.

tiberiu:
I am in seattle wa. Do you know where I can read about regulation of how to keep a gun ( pistol ) in your car ( i have concealed weapon permit ) . What about when you are at work ? Does the gun have to be unloaded while is locked in the glove compartment and the car doors are locked ? or can it stay loaded ? If you can give me some links where I can read more. thank you

As I've stated before in this thread, questions about firearms are best posed to your local constabulary. The laws vary considerably from state to state, and if you get it wrong you can be in a LOT of trouble.

Subject: Police Comment Transcriptions

The following 15 Police Comments were taken from actual police car
videos around the country...

#15. "Relax; the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

#14. "Take your hands off the car, and I'll make your birth certificate a worthless document."

#13. "If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

#12. "Can you run faster than 1200 feet per second? In case you didn't know, that¹s the average speed of a 9 mm bullet fired from my gun."

#11. "So you don't know how fast you were going. I guess that means I can write anything I want on the ticket, huh?"

#10. "Yes, sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it will help. Oh, did I mention that I am the shift supervisor?"

#9. "Warning? You want a warning? O.K., I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket."

#8. "The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Is Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

#7. "Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy, and step in monkey poop."

#6. "Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven."

#5. "No, sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to have quotas, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we want."

#4. "Just how big were those two beers?"

#3. "In God we trust, all others we run through CPIC/NCIC."

#2. "I'm glad to hear the Chief of Police is a good personal friend of yours. At least you know someone who can post your bail."

And ... THE BEST ONE!
I love this one

#1 "You didn't think we gave pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't - Sign here."

I used to be real stupid. So, here's a stupid story.

I was about 25. Had a 78 911 Porsche. Drove fast everywhere. Usually around 120 on the interstate. Oh, paid for it myself to. Working in a Steel Plant.

So, Me and a friend at 3am in the morning. Deserted interstate in Illinois on a Sat night. Wondered how fast it would go. I'm doing around 140mph and kick it up to 150 or 155. Coming up on a car and notice the STATE POLICE reflection from the headlights hitting the back of his car. Get on the brakes hard, car squirming but, it's a pretty nicely built car and it gets down to 60 by the time I get right beside the Cop Car. Cop slows a little and I slow a little. Buddy asks what he should do and I said "Whatever you do, DO NOT LOOK AT THE COP". So, next exit, which is our exit, police pulls off the exit. Friend say's "That's our Exit, pull off". Like I'm going to follow the police. Once I see the police is up the off ramp I drop 2 gears and nail it. Buddy, is saying what are you doing. I said he ain't gonna get me from behind. He never did come over after me and I did slow back down. Why he let me go, I don't know. But, Interstate was wide open and he had to see my headlights smoking up on him. And, at the time, I didn't know any police.

Now that I'm older, I don't drive like that anymore. And, I don't think I got a ticket in 10 years of that incident.

Yea, I know, I was stoopid..

Wrecked a bike at 120mph. Been over 170 on a bike on the hiway.

Friend that is a cop now used to have a 2001 Ram Air Trans Am and run 150 in it. Still loves driving fast and used to drive the pursuit cars. Loved it.

Supprisingly, It doesn't seem that fast. And, as long as nobody else is there, I don't see the harm. But a mini van at 90, that's scarry. And, I don't do it anymore. Built a jeep for a while and it slowed me down. It would only run 70 down hill with a wind behind it. Rolled it though... LOL

How I made it through the formative years, I don't know. Should be dead.

Then there was the time I got caught naked with a girlfriend naked in a Trans Am... LOL.... Oops...

Mverick: Thanks for the stories! There are any number of reasons you didn't get stopped. One easy reason may be that the officer just didn't give a crap.

Alot of people say: As long as nobody is around, what's the harm? Well the harm is when you crash, die, tie up resources that otherwise would be available for other things, raise insurance rates, cost the local economy tons of money to fix roads, bridges, signs, utilities, etc., and pay for lots of overtime...that's the harm. Yeah, maybe you only kill yourself..but there is a cost to everything. What about your family...people rarely think about the "cost" of the devistation to a familly.

Those are the things that I tell people that always have the wise ***** remark of "I'll only hurt/kill myself...what do you care." Usually I get that from young "men" (16 year olds) that have that indestructable feeling. Next thing you know, I'm scraping their brains (literaly) off the side of the roadway...

TJ... LMAO every time I see your avatar it makes me chuckle... I just watched that movie the other night with a couple of officers from here.... its so darn stupid that its funny/

Kayla:
TJ... LMAO every time I see your avatar it makes me chuckle... I just watched that movie the other night with a couple of officers from here.... its so darn stupid that its funny/
And what makes it even more hilarious is how much they actually got RIGHT! Every dept. has a Farva!

Best Way to Fight A Parking Ticket?

oh, excuse me...a parking crime as I have to go to court and pay bail or some trash. Illegally parking at a state harbor evidently is a crime punishment by prison, according to the Hawaii web site.

What a cash grab..... no sign, took picture. I am quickly getting aliegnated from my government. That is bad for them, as I see it since I have never had a moving violation EVER and pay taxes. The government and the people should be a partnership!

Meanwhile, break into any car you like in Waeinea, no problem. Ice, no problem. Park mistakenly....we want your cash.

Our police sit in the wealthiest areas on Saturday night trying to nab people leaving the W after having had two drinks with dinner at sobriety checks on Diamond Head Road, where the houses are ten million and up. But in all the crime ridden drug infested areas---not a single car ever. No offense to the good cops out there...

I see that there are companies fighting tickets with lawyers filing forms for a fee. They don't win, you do not pay. What about this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom