Ascending to a lost boat - what should you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did 2 weeks on the Red Sea Aggressor I (yes, the one that burned and sank in 2019) in 2016. I did both the southern route and The BDE route. On April 27, at Shaab Claudio, we started a routine night dive. A little over half way into the dive, the tender sent the signal to return with revving engine. We surfaced in big swells and waves and howling wind. We boarded the tender, only to see that that mother ship had been forced to release anchor and head away from the reef. We chased the boat for what seemed like a very long time, with our masks on to protect against the spray. I thought we might capsize several times. We finally caught up, and after a difficult climb, were back on the boat.

Not exactly the lost boat of the thread, but a very educational experience. Probably only second to being hit by a boat in Delray Florida in the magnitude of my scuba accident education.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom