Aruba resorts with diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba41girl

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need help and fast! I can always count on scubaboard to get answers...I just researched a dive vacation to Cozumel and spent hours. I went to book it but the airline increased the price of the 2nd ticket by $300! No thanks. I checked airfare to Aruba and it is cheap so that's where we are going. I know the diving isnt as good there and I'm willing to deal because Im using US AIR vouchers and I can only go to their immediate destinations. Aruba is the most affordable.

Can anyone suggest a resort that has diving or a nearby dive shop? We are very open to shore diving but would rather not rent a car. I know nothing about Aruba so any input is appreciated. Thanks so much!

Scubagirl, Here is a link to the dive ops on Aruba. DiveAruba owned by Clive Paula will pick you up where you are staying. I believe others may but am not sure. Native divers are at the Marriott. Unique/Pelican is just up the shore at the Holiday Inn. Jads is a good choice but I do not know there location and arrangements. Check the site and see if you can make any choices. Shrore diving is very limited. The Mango Halto area is all I know but there may be others.

Aruba Bound! Aruba Scuba Diving Operators

Pete

We stayed at the Holiday Inn (very affordable) and dove with Unique....

It was great, the dive boat right by the hotel......

Hope this helps.....M

Check-out PrivateDivers Private Diving the way diving should be !

They could be a little more than other shops if you are on your own and no other divers -- if there are others, then they have the same prices. GREAT thing about them is that they have small trips - max of 6 I believe AND they make it a point to dive before or after the mass of divers / snorkelers come. Others on the island have huge boats - so this is very important if you want to appreciate your dive. I'm sure there are other good guides but the service, location (right by the Marriott) and the personal attention was just great!

Oh - check out time shares for rent in Aruba as an alternative to resorts....people got some neat deals! We stayed at the Marriott and later found Coral Reef Beach (#2 in specialty lodging in TripAdvisor) and loved it more than the hotels! It's not near the developments but only about 20 mins from the shop if I remember correctly. If you want to stay where everyone else is staying, the Radisson had a beautiful property.

Dog-gone, girl. You get around. We went there once, but we rented a car. Diving was ok. Viz wasn't great. Wrecks weren't to deep, but when you're with a group of friends, you're all diving and there's cold beer...how bad could it be. Have a good trip. :d

No kidding Insta gator!!!! We have free airline vouchers so we were very limited to where we could go. I was in the process of booking Cozumel when the airfare jumped $300 over my voucher amount!!! Then we tried Aruba and finally ended up booking Grand Cayman.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Back
Top Bottom