Aruba.....ever been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have alot of great info on Aruba and could hook you up with a nice resort to stay. I have been to Aruba 55 times and now spend 7 months a year there. I had a Snorkel business there until the covid hit. I would be there in Dec and could show you the best Snorkeling if you would like. If you want to e-mail me, feel free: kentgerber@adamswells.com

I did a handful of dives in Aruba several years ago. The water is a bit colder than most of the Caribbean and the viz wasn't as spectacular, but the couple of wreck sites that we visited were eminently accessible for all levels of diver and I enjoyed them.

Re: food - don't eat at your resort. Ask your taxi drivers about the best cooking on the island and then let them whisk you to the local joints. The Old Cunucu House is a must.

Well Bonaire isn't going to happen by early December, neither does Curacao look possible. Bottom of the list becomes Aruba, don't think we would even take our dive gear but has anyone been? Looking for a nice beach, cold adult beverage, nice beach and good food. Just need a break from the insanity gripping the nation. Looking.for advice! Thanks and this has been the longest we have gone without diving in a long time. Bill (still dreaming.of Bonaire)

I personally found the dive scene pretty boring. The topside experience was okay, but probably wouldn't go back.

Once was enough.

Been there 4 times, awesome island, rent a jeep or a motor cycle and explore, best food can be found at almost any shack on the side of the road.

Dove with Clive when I was there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom