Arrrgghhh.... can't... take... the... heat....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's 70 degrees, cool and rainy here, and 93 in Portland today...talk about Freaky Friday!! And it's not even Friday yet...:confused:

Can't remember the last time the sun was out. Temps in the low 60's during the day, low 50's at night, I'm running the fireplace & heater in June! Ocean temp a balmy 52 on the surface. The Mariners must have felt right at home in their stand against the Phillies.

who the best troll (and by this I mean subtle and sneaky) was on SB ...
Now I know :D

It's been miserable here. It seems to rain every weekend and the majority of the week. I think we may have switched coasts!

Stacey

It was about 95 today out at my house. After a quick dive this morning and a 1/2 day at the office, I came home, filled up the kiddy pool and parked my butt in a lounge chair and soaked up the rays.

I love the rain too but nothing is as wonderful as a HOT day in Tacoma. I love it!

On the downside, the algae bloom is in full gear and viz suck. Below 50 ft is fine but otherwise, it is diving in soup.

Amy:)

I am really missing the drought here in the east this year:(

Dammit Uncle Pug!

Look what you did, you scared it away. So far this summer has been ridiculous. I think we've had 5 or 6 sunny days total, and half of those were too hot to be comfortable.

Hey, part of the reason I moved here is the weather...

Now, can we please return to the normal weather patterns, a little cooler in the mornings and evenings, reasonably hot during the day, and sunshine every day please. The drab stuff is enough to make me wonder why I ever left Germany (which, by the way, is having a very unusual and uncomfortable hot and muggy summer so far).

The only good thing about the cloud cover is that it keeps the plankton in check.

Braunbehrens once bubbled...
The only good thing about the cloud cover is that it keeps the plankton in check.
Yesterday the viz was <5' down to 50' deep and my buddy's 18w HID looked like a little purple dot when he pointed it at me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom