Arizona Safe Boating Celebration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajcf

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The 6th Annual Celebration
May 16, 2009
Lake Pleasant, AZ
8 AM to 12 PM

http://www.azsafeboating.org/

The Academy of Scuba is a proud partner supporting safe boating initiatives, boater education and keeping everyone on top of and below the surface of the lake safe and sound.

See you out at the Lake!

////

Im very excited about this event, and will be passing out fliers.

Please show your support for Dive Flag Awareness and come out for a day of fun.

l_40d1c6f48f034fcca2d274843c62bc1a.jpg

Good to see that someone is trying to educate folks. Yesterday we had a pontoon boat pull up to our float and start fishing right on top of the bubbles from three of our instructors.

Good to see that someone is trying to educate folks. Yesterday we had a pontoon boat pull up to our float and start fishing right on top of the bubbles from three of our instructors.

Well what did you expect? They're boaters...
"Big ol' bubbles must mean a big ol' fish is down thar somewheres. Hey Melvin, fish out that thar purdy red n white floaty thang. Must be a fish marker or sumfin. An' git me a samich an' a beer."

Okay, I was bad. I had to get it out of my system.

I'll be happy to help out on May 16th if you need volunteers. I'll be good. Honest.:D

Steve.

Last edited:

That's how I get the best free tackle!:D

Should have hooked your weight belt to their line. :D

I wish we would have flyers this weekend while out at DT Rd. There were 8+ dive flags out there on Sat. and boats launching off the rd. or trying to. There was one point when a boat pulled up right next to a flag to and started talking to people on shore. There was one instructor yelling at the same boat and the 6 other people aboard and they were just acting clueless about what he was telling them about 100ft. Thank goodness that the divers under this particular flag stayed down while this boat was in the area. There was more than one Jet Ski around the area as well. The idiots are coming out in full force now. Please divers be careful when out at the lake any time past 10AM. (This seems to be the magic time the drinkers start to move around.)

Fortunately DT had really good viz this weekend. Made it easier to avoid idiots on the surface.

Should have hooked your weight belt to their line.

No opportunity to do that. I was on the shore yelling at the guy to back off.

I wish we would have flyers this weekend while out at DT Rd. There were 8+ dive flags out there on Sat. and boats launching off the rd. or trying to. There was one point when a boat pulled up right next to a flag to and started talking to people on shore. There was one instructor yelling at the same boat and the 6 other people aboard and they were just acting clueless about what he was telling them about 100ft. Thank goodness that the divers under this particular flag stayed down while this boat was in the area. There was more than one Jet Ski around the area as well. The idiots are coming out in full force now. Please divers be careful when out at the lake any time past 10AM. (This seems to be the magic time the drinkers start to move around.)

This time of the year every diver should set a dive flag even if he or she is with a group. Do it now until the end of summer or when the boat traffic drops off again.. The more the merrier. Maybe we can get their attention by shear numbers. And treat the lake like diving in an overhead environment. Don't surface until the water is shallow enough to stand up in. If you have to surface away from the shore and away from your bouy, shoot your SMB during the safety stop. Besides its good practice :D.

Steve.

Back
Top Bottom