Arizona Safe Boating Celebration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This time of the year every diver should set a dive flag even if he or she is with a group. Do it now until the end of summer or when the boat traffic drops off again.. The more the merrier. Maybe we can get their attention by shear numbers. And treat the lake like diving in an overhead environment. Don't surface until the water is shallow enough to stand up in. If you have to surface away from the shore and away from your bouy, shoot your SMB during the safety stop. Besides its good practice :D.

Steve.

Great advice Steve!

I'm thinking of getting a few swim noodles and cutting them up and stringing the pieces on some ropes to make Boundary lines. Maybe if we work together we can set up some safe zones the boaters might avoid.

I'm thinking of getting a few swim noodles and cutting them up and stringing the pieces on some ropes to make Boundary lines. Maybe if we work together we can set up some safe zones the boaters might avoid.

Good idea, but I see some of the kids from shore swimming out and pulling it back with them to play. Then there is always that boat which has 13people on it that might pull on it to see what it is and not only will you be out a few noodles but maybe a dive flag as too.
Isn't it funny how stupid some of this sounds, but we all know there are people out there at the lake just like this!

Like I always say sometimes...Queue the circuis clown music. It's boating season. Ooops. Sorry, this is supposed to be a positive thread meant to foster a positive... Did someone say Foster's?

Steve.

Well what did you expect? They're boaters...
"Big ol' bubbles must mean a big ol' fish is down thar somewheres. Hey Melvin, fish out that thar purdy red n white floaty thang. Must be a fish marker or sumfin. An' git me a samich an' a beer."

Okay, I was bad. I had to get it out of my system.

I'll be happy to help out on May 16th if you need volunteers. I'll be good. Honest.:D

Steve.

Chrissy mentioned that you might need volunteers to man a booth. Do you still need help?

Steve.

Ill PM a few of you guys tomorrow.

If anyone else is interested in passing out fliers and talking to boaters on the ramp/loading area, don't hesitate to email me at cc@academyofscuba.com

Back
Top Bottom