Are you still logging your dives?

Log your dives?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stop logging dives after my 50th dive. Up to 92 now...
Logbook ran out of space, if I get a new one i'll probably start logging again.

Issues like weight, vis and whatever else aren't that much of a concern here, since the conditions are pretty much the same year around and I always dive in the same setup..

When I took my basic course in 1970 nobody ever mentioned logging dives so I didn't. I only started about 10 years ago when my daughter got her cert. I have dived in many places around the world and it would be great to go back and read my comments from the early years. So I highly recommend keeping a good log and don't be sparing with your personal descripitions and comments about the site.

pakman:
Just went diving yesterday with my club out from Sai Kung to a little outcrop near Rocky Beach. Could barely see my buddy at 18m and we both had 21W HID's! More interesting stuff in the 10M and shallower...
Hey Pak, that's a lot better viz than diving in Lake Travis:D

Oh yeah, I still log my dives and I do wonder at times when I should stop doing so.

I do for major trips mainly so i can refer to it when I write stories for magazines. I agree with sub zero that people should keep doing their logs and to try to do it in a more descriptive manner, or kind of like a diary. Then when it gets cold, rainy and or snowy, you can read your log and smile at the memories...

bttmdwllr:
I do for major trips mainly so i can refer to it when I write stories for magazines. I agree with sub zero that people should keep doing their logs and to try to do it in a more descriptive manner, or kind of like a diary. Then when it gets cold, rainy and or snowy, you can read your log and smile at the memories...

cold, rainy and/or snowy sounds like a great time to go diving rather than sitting around reading... viz should be good...

yes and i am very religious in doing so. i make it a point to do so everytime, havent missed a log yet. i guess i just got so used to doing it that old habits are hard to break. i also like the fact that i can look back at my logs and see what diving i have done or how i generally progressed as a diver.

I have logged every dive since getting certified in 1987.

I finally designed my own logbook and Zerox blank pages as needed.

Mike Veitch:
He cut special holes in his socks....

Cheeky bugger.

I run an excel log which just tells me location, time and date. This is Palau's record...

Divelog-Palau.jpg

I then calculate the total, which is currently 1,107 as I haven't been diving all that much:D

I log them... I am still relatively new to diving (about 50 dives) so I am not fed up with logging my dives. Also, like somebody else said, it is a bit like doing a journal and helping you remember your previous dives. Even, when I am more experienced I think I will keep logging my dives, noting special things I saw, how well I liked the dives, etc...

Back
Top Bottom