Are you still logging your dives?

Log your dives?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stopped logging dives after I filled up my third log book. I just did not see any point in spending the money and I'm one of those people that does not read notes left to self :) Some one questioned me the other day on how I know the accuracy of how many dives I have really done. I suppose the answer to that is, I don't really care. I know what my skills are and being able to show someone a number on a page does not make me a better diver. I think it's great that people do log their dives if that is their thing. A friend of mine logs her dives religiously and we have fun going over the details that she records but that is about the extent of it for me.

I log my dives although I don't have that many 75. But often I make notes if I change something in my gear setup...if I like it or not. I was recently in Coz with my LDS and the owner who has over 5000 dives still logs all his dives. So I guess it's up to the individual.

THE Hammerhead:
Cheeky bugger.

I run an excel log which just tells me location, time and date. This is Palau's record...

Divelog-Palau.jpg

I then calculate the total, which is currently 1,107 as I haven't been diving all that much:D
looks like a typical week of work for me back when i lived in Palau...

I started logging my dives for PG only if I dive with Triton divers,. If i fill up the log book of 50 dives, I get a free t- shirt or something. I already finished a booklet. Im on my 2nd booklet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom