Are you fit to scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not sure what it is about scuba that has so many people wanted to create and enforce rules and control. I think we can all agree to some basic "shoulds": dive within your training and in accordance with any personal limitations, dive a plan appropriate to your gas and equipment...I really don't understand the thrill some people seem to get out of trying to assert control over how or whether other people dive.

IMHO, people who try to force rules and controls on other people feel out of control themselves, and they feel better by attempting to control others. If one has to sneer at others choice to participate in a religion of their choosing, they are saying more about themselves than other people. People who try to bully others into looking a certain way, acting a certain way and believing a certain way have my deepest sympathy for their pathetic little lives. Not saying that the OP is one of these people, but the posts certainly take on a flavor of wanting to control the masses. IJS.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Off-Topic and insulting posts removed.

Please refrain from breaking our TOS by posting off-topic, argumentative and/or insulting posts within the Green Zone.

If you wish to discuss matters which deviate from the original topic, please start a new thread in the appropriate board forum (i.e. the Pub).

Continuation of off-topic/insulting posts in this thread will result in a thread ban and/or the removal of posting priviledges from the entire Green Zone.

I originally commented on your post days ago... Since then most if not all of my replies have been to those who disagree, to the extent of making rude comments to me. Im sorry there have been a few who seem to want to start a forum fight with me, that said I will never back down even with the threat of being kicked off this site or irritating you. For you to sit back and say we are being children is absurd and hypocritical. You implying we are children is no better insult then those already stated. You are no different. Except for the fact as this forum pertains you are the child when it comes to diving as I have spent more time peeing in my wetsuit then you have bottom time.

Sorry Brendon, those comments were not intended for you. Another poster actually said no, we couldn't all just get along. He even took some shots at you.

I did not say you are a child. That being said, just because we are adults does not always mean we act mature. I have been sent to the corner on rare occasion by my own kids when my actions warrented it. To model good behavior I did stand in the corner when I was called out by my kids for breaking house rules.

I am also a relatively new diver. That is why I like to come to SB, to see if I can learn from others habits and wisdom how to make my own diving safer. As you have pointed out, unsafe divers have put your life in jeopardy at times. I do not want to be one of those divers. In medicine we call them pearls, as in pearls of wisdom.

We can join Bob in The Pub. I'll buy the first beer. Anyone who can play nice is welcome too.

Sorry Brendon, those comments were not intended for you. Another poster actually said no, we couldn't all just get along. He even took some shots at you.

I did not say you are a child. That being said, just because we are adults does not always mean we act mature. I have been sent to the corner on rare occasion by my own kids when my actions warrented it. To model good behavior I did stand in the corner when I was called out by my kids for breaking house rules.

I am also a relatively new diver. That is why I like to come to SB, to see if I can learn from others habits and wisdom how to make my own diving safer. As you have pointed out, unsafe divers have put your life in jeopardy at times. I do not want to be one of those divers. In medicine we call them pearls, as in pearls of wisdom.

We can join Bob in The Pub. I'll buy the first beer. Anyone who can play nice is welcome too.

Yeah I thought that was directed at me... Sorry, I had already stated my apology. I guess it got deleted with your original reply to my comment... Anyways, cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom