• None of your darned business

Votes: 41 10.9%
  • Guess, you might just make my day

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Shhh...Big Brother is watching!

Votes: 43 11.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am always open for a discussion on gun control. So why do you believe the government should take everybody's guns away? What do you think that would achieve.

I'm not here to bash i just want to understand what the other side thinks.

Personally, I don't think the government should take everybodies guns away ---- Just take them away from the nut jobs that think a scuba forum is the place to express their black helicopter paranoia.

Guns laws have been becoming more liberal for the last 25 years and a few nut jobs keep running around telling everyone how there second amendment rights are being subverted and why they need a machine gun to protect the constitution and be well armed for the civil war they are certain is coming.

I own guns and there in nothing wrong with that. Nuts owning guns is what worries me. Glock does make a model that will shoot under water for those that just can't go diving unarmed.

HOW did you get a carry permit in MA? Are you a Kennedy or something? :)

I'm about as far from a Kennedy as you can get :D.

Basically, I jumped through the 4567890 hoops law abiding citizens are required to leap through to obtain a permit, while criminals don't have to jump through any. :m16:

I own guns and there in nothing wrong with that. Nuts owning guns is what worries me. Glock does make a model that will shoot under water for those that just can't go diving unarmed.

And who exactly makes the determination about who's a nut? Would that person/entity think you are a nut?

It's the old, "I can own a gun, but THOSE people over there?? No way!"

And who exactly makes the determination about who's a nut? Would that person/entity think you are a nut?

It's the old, "I can own a gun, but THOSE people over there?? No way!"

I saw what I believe was a youth shooting group at the last gun show, same pants, same shirts, same tatoo on the fore arm. They were discussing the relative merits of slings and long coats. Why they were discussing long coats in FL, I don't know. Who am I to judge whether these young men should be denied the right to bear arms. One had purchased an AR-15, another was debating whether to purchase an assault shotgun. I'm sure they were planning on doing some plinking on their next camping trip.

I love my Beretta PX4 Storm .45

My first handgun, but I love it. Smooth as butter, throws lots of fire, and makes beautiful noises. :coffee:

I bought it after the THIRD time I had a break-in in Charlotte in 3 different houses. It takes the cops at least 5 minutes to show up. A lot can happen in 5 minutes, especially if the pieces of trash that break in are armed. I would rather have the option to defend myself if need be.

Not to mention that target practice is a great way to blow off steam.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I saw what I believe was a youth shooting group at the last gun show, same pants, same shirts, same tatoo on the fore arm. They were discussing the relative merits of slings and long coats. Why they were discussing long coats in FL, I don't know. Who am I to judge whether these young men should be denied the right to bear arms. One had purchased an AR-15, another was debating whether to purchase an assault shotgun. I'm sure they were planning on doing some plinking on their next camping trip.

I hear what your saying, it does make the most hardened 2 Amend person rethink his position after leaving some gun shows....but I don't think some columnists should have free speech either..But it (constitution) does mean us all....:D

Nobody doubts there are crazies that own guns. However:
1. This is all the more reason why reasonable people should not have their access to guns obstructed.
2. I won't start down the slippery slope of making a determination about who is crazy and who isn't, nor do I want to invest that power in some official somewhere. I really think the least dangerous assumption is to assume that people are competent. When you start of by regarding people as dangerous maniacs who must be controlled, you are headed down the road towards tyranny.

Again, yes, there are nutcases out there. But let me point out that there is no such thing as an assault shotgun. None of these "assault" definitions are real. I have a .22 revolver that's a ten shot, and in my state, this pea shooter is considered a large-capacity weapon. Insane.

Again, yes, there are nutcases out there. But let me point out that there is no such thing as an assault shotgun. None of these "assault" definitions are real. I have a .22 revolver that's a ten shot, and in my state, this pea shooter is considered a large-capacity weapon. Insane.

OMG its not black as well is it...!!! :rofl3:

Semantics-OK, the little thug wasn't buying an assault shotgun, he was buying a tactical shotgun with a sling he could carry under a long coat.

Attachments

• tacgun.jpg
    tacgun.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 30
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom