• None of your darned business

Votes: 41 10.9%
  • Guess, you might just make my day

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Shhh...Big Brother is watching!

Votes: 43 11.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My tag line says it all !!!

So what guns do people like? A hard question, I know. I love a Smith and Wesson wheel gun. Simple and to the point.

So what guns do people like? A hard question, I know. I love a Smith and Wesson wheel gun. Simple and to the point.

Handguns... I have an HK45,HK9mm and a Sig.9mm & a Les Baer .45 !!
Long Guns M&P AR-15, MP-5 ....:D

An interesting direction this thread has taken.

It has been a long time since I first got my carry permit. I didn't expect getting a permit to carry a handgun to make a big change in my life at the time, but looking back it certainly did. At the time I was pretty wild, and ran with an equally devil may care bunch, and being able to carry a gun legally seemed "cool". At first I'm afraid it even made me feel tougher and wilder.

A sheriff deputy made a comment at the time that I wouldn't have my permit a year before I'd lose it. He didn't say this to me, but I heard of his bet threw a friend. It got me thinking a lot about what it meant to carry that weapon, and the risks I'd be taking if I was not real careful where I went and what I got involved in while carrying, or even when not actually carrying a handgun. NY state is not real friendly toward carry permits, and it took a lot of effort to get it, and it would be real easy to have it taken away by a judge, for even a minor misstep.

The knowledge of the risks and responsibilities associated with carrying a concealed, loaded weapon went a long way toward adjusting some of my attitudes. My one and only confrontation, that I discussed earlier, also played a serious part in focusing my mind on just what it meant to be carrying a loaded firearm in a conflict. It's no kid's game, and not something anyone should do until they have done a lot of deep soul searching.

These days I too do a "risk assessment" before I holster a weapon, to carry.

Owning a gun is a right. It is more important than the so called "entitlements" our goverment is currently handing out.

I own several firearms. NONE of them are registered. I bought all of them from private sources. Some of them became mine when my dad passed away and they weren't registered either. No one with the goverment knows I have them, nor will I EVER register them. I guess that makes me a criminal in some places. The only thing that bothers me is what will happen when my ammunition stock pile runs out and I have to find ways to get it without allowing anyone to know I have the guns to start with.

I hear you.

Incidentally, you must not shoot much. I'd burn through that **** in no time!

You asked for some of the possible responses from those favoring the government banning firearms. That's not my position but the arguments would be to look at some of the European countries where owning handguns is not common.

There tend to be fewer shooting deaths. Even where only the criminals have hand guns there are fewer shooting deaths because the criminals know that their victims aren't likely to be armed and there is less reason to shoot them in self defense.

If you don't have a gun you can't misuse a gun (due to being drunk, angry or just accidentally). Guns are less forgiving than having a fist fight in anger.

The other side is that when there aren't guns there tend to be more killings by knifes so it there's not much difference from the point of view of the victim...dead is dead.

Regarding gun owners having to do all of the compromising...that's because up until the last 20-30 years it was all one-sided in the gun owners favor.

I have a hand gun. If I lived in a rural area I'd also have a shot gun.I don't automatically expect to get able to get it if someone breaks into my house...the intruder might have the element of surprise but at least it is an option.

I disagree that there should be no gun control. I don't think I should be able to own a tank or automatic weapons with armour piercing bullets

In general, I think it's too bad when a city goes as far as to ban hand guns within that city since it's usually in high crime cities and that's where an individual would most benefit from the protection of a hand gun.

I don't see citizens owning guns as being a problem and it's more of a good thing than a bad thing but I don't think it should absolutely be without any limitations.

If I need to go somewhere, I drive.

If I need to contact someone, I call.

If I need to protect myself or family, a cop is too heavy to carry so I carry a Glock.

Back
Top Bottom