• None of your darned business

Votes: 41 10.9%
  • Guess, you might just make my day

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Shhh...Big Brother is watching!

Votes: 43 11.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's no kid's game, and not something anyone should do until they have done a lot of deep soul searching.

These days I too do a "risk assessment" before I holster a weapon, to carry.

Truer words were never spoken. Where I live in California it's pretty much impossible to get a concealed carry permit unless you're in the law enforcement or judicial field.
I used to carry all the time and now I don't because as GypsyJim said you need to do a risk assessement before you choose to carry that weapon and the biggest part of my risk assessement was avoiding a possible confrontational situation.
To quote GypsyJim again "It's no kid's game" so true, especially here where you're going to have to justify using the firearm that you were carrying illegally in court.

Like the old adage says "Better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" but you have to be prepared to back up that tried by twelve part. No kid's game indeed.

I live in California and have a permit. I live in a rural area and the closest town is an hour away. Carrying is just a part of everyday living.

My wife also has a permit and carries. We have both attended a multi-day class to become more proficient in handling a weapon. The psychological aspect is something that each individual must face and make their own decisions on.

The legal hassles of pulling a trigger are great and grave, even if you are right and the DA says so. The civil suit is a consideration.

The legal hassles of pulling a trigger are great and grave, even if you are right and the DA says so. The civil suit is a consideration.

Grover that is the whole issue isnt it..?? To still be around to get served for that civil suit...:D

Yes, but don't let the fear of lawyers scare you to death. Pun intended.

it is unusual for me not to have a friend with me.

Would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Wow, I'm fascinated by what you said about mindset. I feel totally differently. I began carrying in October, and immediately got the feeling that in a certain respect, prior to that, I was not a fully self-actualized adult. Sad, considering I'm 33. Up until that time, I had not taken complete responsibility for something as basic as my personal safety. And I didn't even realize this. This was a real come uppance for me, since I'm a pretty introspective person and have always sought to know myself.

I feel it's pathetic that this kind of thing is the norm for so many in our society. It speaks so poorly of who we are as people. I honestly feel it's an embarassment in our culture that many adults are not permitted to grab the bull by the horns and control their own life, in part by becoming armed. They must remain in a childlike state where others must "protect" them, and where the important responsibilities in their life are the big people's job.

HOW did you get a carry permit in MA? Are you a Kennedy or something? :)

So what guns do people like? A hard question, I know. I love a Smith and Wesson wheel gun. Simple and to the point.

1911... is there anything else? :)

So what guns do people like? A hard question, I know. I love a Smith and Wesson wheel gun. Simple and to the point.

I love my Beretta PX4 Storm .45

My first handgun, but I love it. Smooth as butter, throws lots of fire, and makes beautiful noises. :coffee:

I bought it after the THIRD time I had a break-in in Charlotte in 3 different houses. It takes the cops at least 5 minutes to show up. A lot can happen in 5 minutes, especially if the pieces of trash that break in are armed. I would rather have the option to defend myself if need be.

Not to mention that target practice is a great way to blow off steam.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom