• None of your darned business

Votes: 41 10.9%
  • Guess, you might just make my day

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Shhh...Big Brother is watching!

Votes: 43 11.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Semantics-OK, the little thug wasn't buying an assault shotgun, he was buying a tactical shotgun with a sling he could carry under a long coat.

I don't mean to harp on you, and I'm not intending to be dismissive of your points. But here I just want to reiterate that the main purpose of the Second Amendment is not hunting or target shooting. It is to ensure that laws aren't made that inhibit people's natural right to rise up and defend themselves against a tyrannical government. This is why I am in total favor of having no restrictions on citizens' access to arms, including, large, high-powered weapons. Those are the weapons that the military has, so I oppose anyone who suggests that average citizens can't have them.

I don't mean to harp on you, and I'm not intending to be dismissive of your points. But here I just want to reiterate that the main purpose of the Second Amendment is not hunting or target shooting. It is to ensure that laws aren't made that inhibit people's natural right to rise up and defend themselves against a tyrannical government. This is why I am in total favor of having no restrictions on citizens' access to arms, including, large, high-powered weapons. Those are the weapons that the military has, so I oppose anyone who suggests that average citizens can't have them.

I got my M1A1 on order !!!!:eyebrow:

Attachments

• 180px-DN-ST-92-07834.jpg
    180px-DN-ST-92-07834.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 26
And who exactly makes the determination about who's a nut? Would that person/entity think you are a nut?

It's the old, "I can own a gun, but THOSE people over there?? No way!"

This is just my opinion but, the kind of people he's talking about do kind of scare me. I own quite a few guns myself, some hunting oriented, and some that would accrue a fine and potential jail time for attempting to hunt with. That said, I heard a perfect example of the kind of person that I don't mind owning whatever firearm he wants.

The story goes like this "my neighbor told me he wanted to get an AA-12 next for his collection and all i could say was 'what exactly in the hell do you plan on doing with that?' to which he said 'Hell I dunno, that thing is just cool as hell, I don't have a real purpose for it I just want one.'"

These people don't bother me, they collect weapons because they think they are interesting/cool/fun etc. The people that are stock piling guns while talking to them self and trying to crack the communist cipher code the new york times is using to communicate with comrade cells in the US for the new apocalypse are the ones that bother me.

The other guy, it's his hobby, who am I to tell someone what they can and can't like? I mean to the rest of the world the idea that we take perfectly good air and pump it into a tank and strap a 3500 PSI bomb to our backs and then proceed jump into 40 deg F water because it's fun....I'm sure you can see how this might not make sense to some :idk:

The people that are stock piling guns while talking to them self and trying to crack the communist cipher code the new york times is using to communicate with comrade cells in the US for the new apocalypse are the ones that bother me.

It's sad that the entire founding generation of the U. S. (not just the Founding Fathers, but average citizens all over the colonies who illegally and subversively stockpiled weapons and secretly sequestered guns and ammo away from the government) would be considered tin foil hat people today. What was long known as common sense is now considered extremism.

All I'm saying is, it may be prudent to take another look at those people you are afraid of, and consider the idea that the nice, shiny, well-groomed people you see on television might be the problem...

Also, if you want to start making decisions about who is a "suitable" person to own weapons and who isn't, you must invest an official with the power to make that decision, and I am simply not willing to do that.

Last edited:
The vast number of firearm deaths are the result of criminal on criminal activity. We will probaly never know how much freedom has and is provided by the second admendment by preventing tyrannical reigms to emerge within or having prevented our occupation by a hostile foe. I do not wish to live differently...

So my question is this: how the hell do you afford diving and shooting? :biggrin:

Its gotta be one of these....

Attachments

• acy1345.jpg
    acy1345.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 24
A 1911 is on my hip right now.

I am not a psycho, survivalist or paranoid. The State of Florida gives me the right to carry, so I do.
Originally got my permit because I carried large sums of cash.

I have drawn and displayed a weapon to defend me and my family. Would the psycho have killed me? Probably not. But I, my wife and infant daughter certainly would have been on the news with this piece of ****.

Only reason I did not light the guy up as he came at me from the side door of the minivan I was driving was because he was stretched across my daughter in her car seat. I was worried that the report would frighten her and I did not want the prick's blood on her.

He put the skids on when I pulled a handgun which gave my wife time to dispatch him with an umbrella, LOL.

And my wife was a LEO. :)

Just saw this USA Today poll, on whether or not the Second Amendment gives individual citizens the right to bear arms.

The Question is:

"Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?"

Click on the link below and PLEASE vote!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htm

Just saw this USA Today poll, on whether or not the Second Amendment gives individual citizens the right to bear arms.

The Question is:

"Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?"

Click on the link below and PLEASE vote!

USATODAY.com - Quick Question

Supreme Court already answered that in Heller vs DC

It looks like the poll is a runaway, even in a Liberal Newspaper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom