• None of your darned business

Votes: 41 10.9%
  • Guess, you might just make my day

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Shhh...Big Brother is watching!

Votes: 43 11.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder where those yellow belly 5 people are. Is it a coincidence that the survey bar was yellow for them, or just the universe aligning?

I wonder where those yellow belly 5 people are. Is it a coincidence that the survey bar was yellow for them, or just the universe aligning?

I don't know who they are but if I was them, in this crowd :comeandgetsome:, I would hide as well :fear:

We can't snipe at others just cause we don't agree with their opinions. We may never win them over to our side, but getting such people to discuss why they believe the way the do gives us a better handle on where they are coming from. And hopefully find better ways to counter their influence in the real world.

Yes, sorry, I was just trying to be humorous, and get someone to express an opinion..

Ya, I am also interested in hearing from conflicting opinions. I know I am not going to "win" any arguments with the gun control crowd.
We are not going to do any conversions of true believers, on either side, but if we can all peacefully place our ideas and beliefs on the table for discussion, it makes it possible for those in the middle to explore those ideas. To see who's reasoning and opinions make the most sense to them, in an open forum where flaming is kept to a minimum.

Maybe as an 'outsider'/non-American (look North and you'll get there), I can't see why there is such fervor to maintain access to assault-style weapons.

The second amendment states, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." How many people serve within their state militia/guard programs instead of just 'wanting their right to have guns'?

Before the arrows fly...I served in the Canadian Armed Forces for 5 years, and I grew up in a rural setting where firearms were a part of our lives. I have hunted on several occasions, and have several friends who are competitive target-shooters. I am not anti-gun. I am not targeting the hunters or competitors who use their firearms on a licensed range....You don't see them with assault-style weapons (at least I haven't).

I guess I wonder why, in this day and age, there is still the 'out of my cold, dead hands' mentality. How many people need to die each day in the States before that position will be re-examined.

I like what Chris Rock said about solving this problem....don't try to regulate guns, just make bullets cost several thousands of dollars. It'll certainly make you think before shooting something.

As for the colour of yellow (I think someone implied cowardice) for those suggesting that we get rid of guns....who needs more courage, the guy with the gun?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom