• None of your darned business

Votes: 41 10.9%
  • Guess, you might just make my day

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Shhh...Big Brother is watching!

Votes: 43 11.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Square shot? I guess it's been a while since I ready any shooting sports or gun mags. Do tell.

I very vividly recall a friend telling me about his new home defense, non lethal 12 ga round, that he loaded himself 20+ years ago, using only soft tissue paper. He proudly demonstrated his creation; promptly blasting a hole threw his sofa and the sheet rock of his living room wall! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Non lethal is dependent on many factors. In my friend's case range was one he hadn't taken into consideration! :popcorn: :popcorn: On a street corner all he'd have done was scare the @#%* out of someone, but in the hall way of a house......:shakehead:

I would love to here more from the folk who voted that government should seize all guns. Actually, it seems to have gotten real quiet, I don't get it!! Where are the dissenters So far it is 97 for, 3 against :popcorn:

I would love to here more from the folk who voted that government should seize all guns. Actually, it seems to have gotten real quiet, I don't get it!! Where are the dissenters So far it is 97 for, 3 against :popcorn:
Maybe most people just arent for banning all firearms, but some would be for firearms contol? Demanding that people is a member of a gun club or an active hunter and that weapons are locked in with ammo stored separately aint exactly the same as taking your gun away..

And I suspect the ones that said "take them away" is just trying to pick a fight anyways :p

If a government wishes to disarm a population the LAST thing they are going to do, if they want to accomplish it without bloodshed, is come right out and say it.

Far easier to slowly convince them, with impartial sounding reasoning, to gradually give away their protections and rights for the good of the greater society, until, in the end those rights have been long gone, and anyone still with a weapon is seen as a public enemy by their fellow citizens.

Maybe most people just arent for banning all firearms, but some would be for firearms contol? Demanding that people is a member of a gun club or an active hunter and that weapons are locked in with ammo stored separately aint exactly the same as taking your gun away..

And I suspect the ones that said "take them away" is just trying to pick a fight anyways :p

folks who know nothing about guns usually say things like this.

A gun for self defense is no good if unloaded and locked away. I work as a police officer and would never suggest someone do that with a self defense firearm. There are safe ways to store it while fully loaded and ready to go.

the government doesn't have to outlaw firearms.

They can:
make bullets unavailable by:
make bullet components unavailable including brass, powder, lead, primers and such.
tax bullet components out of existence.

folks who know nothing about guns usually say things like this.

A gun for self defense is no good if unloaded and locked away. I work as a police officer and would never suggest someone do that with a self defense firearm. There are safe ways to store it while fully loaded and ready to go.
Yeah, but the point is that lots of people DONT store their weapons safely, nor handle them safely..
Also, it doesnt help if you have trigger locks or whatever if the key is right next to the gun.

And insinuating that people "dont know anything about guns" just because theire of a different opinion than you is far from smart..

If a government wishes to disarm a population the LAST thing they are going to do, if they want to accomplish it without bloodshed, is come right out and say it.

Far easier to slowly convince them, with impartial sounding reasoning, to gradually give away their protections and rights for the good of the greater society, until, in the end those rights have been long gone, and anyone still with a weapon is seen as a public enemy by their fellow citizens.

that's exactly what's going on, too. The news media helping that cause, too. Handgun = BAD if anyone is paying attention to the news.. Or this bad boy..
Semi-automatic handgun! Woooo, that is a scary one!! LOL

Yeah, but the point is that lots of people DONT store their weapons safely, nor handle them safely..
Also, it doesnt help if you have trigger locks or whatever if the key is right next to the gun.

And insinuating that people "dont know anything about guns" just because theire of a different opinion than you is far from smart..

Ive been a cop for a long time, and teach firearms ( used to ) and it's been my experience that people who tout that trigger lock crap usually know little about self defense let alone using a firearm to defend themselves. I'm sorry if you are offended to my comments, but I meant what I said.

I encourage safe storage, but to say they all need a trigger lock or stored apart from ammo in all cases is nuts.

I'm not saying that YOU are a proponent of the "anti" ideas, so sorry if I came across as personally attacking you.

I saw this interesting comment recently, sent to me by a Second Amendment "nut":
64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday I did not locate his source.

Part of my disagreement with the "gun control" argument is that a huge number of completely law abiding owners, who will never kill another person, or allow one of their weapons to do so, are being hammered with law after law, removing or redefining rights, rights clearly stated by this nation's very constitution. All in the stated goal of controlling the aberrant behavior of those few who will abuse these rights, and who by THEIR very actions have already shown that laws are no deterrent to their activities.

The entire gun control argument seems like a smoke screen, designed to divide one portion of the citizenry from the other, convincing those that aren't deeply involved in the civil rights behind all this, that somehow they will all be safer if they only they let their all knowing and caring government to monitor and control "those gun nuts".

Drip....drip....drip..... as your fellow citizen slowly loses his liberties and rights, as you stand by and do nothing, yours too are slowly, quiet going down the drain. Who then will stand behind you, or just stand and watch, when it is you that they come for next?

Another line my friend sent me was: "Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom