Aquaworld Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spikeinleduc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The concierge at our hotel (just north of Cancun) for February has recommended Aquaworld for my diving and for my wife's ow certification dives.
Any comments? Trip Advisor reviews are about 50/50.
Thanks,
Spike

I recently dive in Cancun with Alvaro Gonzalez, great experience, I found him here in scubaboard.com he is located at the Hotel Zone km 6.5 in Playa Tortugas. I heard about AquaWorld and it seems to be big big operation here in Cancun. Don´t know much about them. I don´t like big operations because they are in schedule each dive and take
lots of people at a time. I prefer personalized dives, love the sea and take my time to dive.

Alvaro never takes more than 6 divers at the time.

I have dived with Aqua world once. That was enough for me. Large, lots of divers and a bit of chaos. I don't know how the instructors are though.

Alvaro is a good suggestion. If you have a good experience with a dive shop and instructor you tend to stick to that shop and let people know about it.

Our good experience was with Scorpio divers. We have been down 5 times over the years and always dive with Ben and Jorge at Scorpio. We are heading down in October for a week and have already booked with them. I trust them with my wife and son. I don't have to be a satellite diver over them so I get to actually enjoy my dives.

Once again, this was my personal experience, but if you do a search on SB, you will find that many people really like Scorpio divers.

I also Dove with Aquaworld once and it was enough also.I saw the Dive Masters putting full wetsuits on so I ask what was the water Temp they said it was in the low 70s so I ask for a full suit and was told that all they rented were 3.2 shortys very cold two Dives.I had asked the conditions when I checked in and was told great today Bull---- there were 8 to 10 foot swells and out of the 15 Divers only 3 were able to make the 2nd Dive due to sea sickness. We were going to Dive a wreck at 100 feet so all the Divers and Dive Master got in and I was near the end of the line to enter the water as I put the Reg. in and took to first breath it was all water so I switched to the Octopus same thing but a less water. But the Dive Master did not wait to see that everybody was OK and went down and there was no extra Reg. on the boat so as not to miss the Dive I had to cup water In my mouth every breath.The Dive Master was more interested in taking photos to sell after the Dive than he was with safety.
Big boats, Big company, Bad Service. All in all the worst Dive experence in 25 years of Diving.
Oh they did give me a different reg. but only because the other divers could not make the Dive.

Hola from Cancun Spike,
If you wish to dive this area privately for the a lower price than the company you mention per diver, click on the website below or shoot me an email or a PM,for a totally private integral service, we as well have you dive only what you wish and not push any dive packages.
Some dive ops offer a personalized service but if you are not a group of 6 you will have to dive with other divers with different experience level, we provide a totally private service, meaning that if you are 1 or 2 divers or a group you will dive only with your group and one of our dive masters or instructors, we may have other divers on board with their own guides, but you will be diving exclusively with your group even if you are only 1 diver you are taken privately for the same or lower price. We do not claim we know exactly what you need, our experience diving the area has showed us every diver has different needs and only when we get to know you and your diving experience and what you wish to do is when we can build together a dive package or even just a dive exclusively for you. (on the website can also check our trip advisor comments, all of them and here on scuba board are real from divers that are now friends and not from payed help)
HAPPY DIVING

We've gone diving with Ben and Jorge at Scorpio Divers (Cancun) and they are terrific! They give you very specialized attention, they have small boats, and they are very safety conscience. You won't be disappointed!

islanddream

Hey Spike, my name is Alvaro Gonzalez and I´m in charge of AlwaysDiving.com I´ve been
teaching and conducting scuba diving trips for over 32 years in this area, there is
something that I´ve learn in all of this years, every diver needs special attention, that´s
the way we work, in case you want to have a fun, safe and an easy dive experience
contact us
alvaro@alwaysdiving.com or www.alwaysdiving.com or give us a call for free at
1 888 229 61 10

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom