Aquarena Springs Aug 29, 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay_SMART_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove Aquarena Wednesday afternoon, beautiful day for diving got about 80 min in. The Spring flow is up and has blown out most of the Algae carpet, in fact the current was moving so well it almost felt like a drift dive out to Catfish hotel. Visibility was good but not the best I've had there 20-30 feet got to wave at a few boats, fun day. Once again the Bananna Suits are awful, but the new ones at least have a zipper in the front for easier donning. The have demolished the fence to the left of the entrance gate into the dive area and the bathroom building on the back side of the set-up area is GONE (if you look at the background of the Topside Picture of JP_TX_Diver).

Attachments

• P8292896.JPG
    P8292896.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 38
  • P8292899.JPG
    P8292899.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 49
  • P8292912.JPG
    P8292912.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 31
  • P8292916.JPG
    P8292916.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 45
  • P8292951.JPG
    P8292951.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 35
  • P8292930.JPG
    P8292930.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 57
  • P8292914.JPG
    P8292914.JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Captain In Ya 1.JPG
    Captain In Ya 1.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 63
  • P8292975.JPG
    P8292975.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 45
  • P8292895.JPG
    P8292895.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 58
Jay thanks for sharing the pictures and report. :D

That was a lovely report.

You can also wear the leotards with the zipper in back, like most wetsuits.

Thanks for the pictures and report. I haven't been there in weeks and have the urge to go back soon :)

Thanks for the report. The bathroom building was gone the last time I was there, but not the fence. It allows for a nice breeze to come through the area. Last time I was there, they talked about working on some steps next to the ramp. Did you notice any progress on that effort?

archman:
That was a lovely report.

You can also wear the leotards with the zipper in back, like most wetsuits.

Yeah, but the leotards don't have leashes on the zipper like a wetsuit to make donning and doffing by yourself possible.

There hasn't been much effort on the steps since the school year started again. That's the disadvantage of student workers.

CenTexDivin:
Yeah, but the leotards don't have leashes on the zipper like a wetsuit to make donning and doffing by yourself possible.

Just twist your arm behind and under your shoulder blades to get at the zipper. Since the leotard has something of a scoop top, the zipper is further down the back than it would be for wetsuits, and is thus eminently accessible.

Be the willow branch... the zipper is your zen. Here is your fairy guide. :bic:

After meeting and talking with Mack Diver the other day, I'm pretty excited to give Aquarena a go. I'm good with needing the whole class thing and all but could some please explain to me what is up with those ugly yellow suits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom