Aqualung Titan LX Supreme vs. Atomic B2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. Any recommendations for back-inflate for women? So far, I've looks at DiveRite Travelpac and Seaquest Libra but don't know what else are out there.

Using a back inflate BC isn't magic. You put it on and dive with it just like any other BC.

Though I am a lover of Dive Rite product, I must advise you to seriously put some thoughts in your diving requirement before settling for the Travelpac. Nothing wrong with the unit. Like all Dive Rite products, they're well made. However, the wing is fixed on that unit. What happened if you were to want a larger lift capacity (aka diving double tanks)? If all that you ever will do is good old fashion recreational diving, then that Travelpac will do you just fine. But if you were to think about doing more than that, then give some thoughts to the Transpac with its modular design where you can change out for different wing sizes.

The Transpac's harness system will conform to your body without discrimination to gender, waist size, hip size or chest size.

There are quite a few female back inflate BCs. It's just that they're all jacket types and that means they're cut for a certain female body type. If your body type doesn't quite match up with the BC's cut, then it's not going to fit up too well for you, female-designed BC and otherwise.

Also, look at the Dive Rite aluminum backplate system as well. The Travelpac is a simplified Transpac and its main advantage over other BC is that it's design to haul the tank like a mountain backpack - spreading weight over your shoulders & hips. If you don't plan on humping up and down hills or walk too far with your gears on you, then there's no need to get the Transpac family. The backplate system is even simplier and the aluminum plate is plenty light for travel. Plus Dive Rite has different aluminum plate sizes to fit people of different heights.

I have a Titan LX (not Supreme) and an Atomic B2 (and an Atomic M1 as well). The Titan only has one High Pressure (HP) port. OK for 90% of the time, but inconvenient at other time. All Atomic regs have two HP ports plus a bunch of LP ports for convenience of hose routing.

Do you really have to get the B2? Why not go with the Z2 and save some money? Or go with the M1 if you were ever decide to go for cold water diving. One thing nice about the M1 is that it has an even wider exhaust deflector that diverts the bubbles far from your face for better visibility.

Also, nothing's wrong with the SS1. You simply have to practice with your equipment so that you get the out-of-air procedure down - as you should with any equipment configuration.

the ACD system is great, it's a purely mechanical system that does not rely on tank pressure to open (Like the oceanic system).

We have a few different regs in rental, but the Titans ACD we have are in great shape. I regularly inspect/tune/rebuild the rental regulators at our shop and the titans are like brand new. I have seen them dropped in the pool, dropped in the sand ...ect, without the cap and 1 stage is clean.

In some cases the ACD is so well sealed that it can hold some pressure too. (25-50psi).

For a first regulator the ones equipped with ACD are hard to beat because of how forgiving they are.

ACD is a great setup both my Legends have it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom