what would you buy

• aqulaung legend/suunto cobra

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • mares abyss/aeris ai

Votes: 19 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had a Cobra, found that repeatedly reaching for the console to look at it
was a nuisance. So I got the wrist mounted Vytec, which I mount on the
inside of right wrist in line with my thumb, so a glance is all it takes. Although
I still have a console for backup, seldom look at it. I like my Apeks atx200 reg
so much, I bought another one for octo. Just my approach.

____

I was referring to the service parts. With Aqualung, if the owner has the reg overhauled/inspected annually by an authorized dealer they will not have to pay for normal service kits. And they don't have to get it overhauled every year, only every other year, with inspections done on the off years. The service kits for a normal reg setup (1st stage, 2nd stage, octo) can cost between $35-$45 for an Aqualung reg.

SCUBA-J:
Limited Lifetime Warranty
http://www.aqualung.com/product_warranties_b.html
read the find print , the pro-rate everything after 2 yrs. So its a 2 yr warranty not life time and 2 yrs on Suunto. again read the find print. Not saying its bad gear just misleading warranty

Mares Abyss reg and Suunto Cobra computer. Still diving singles and 99% of the time run out of air before no deco time.

Ontwreckdiver:
Mares Abyss reg and Suunto Cobra computer. Still diving singles and 99% of the time run out of air before no deco time.

This would be determined by;

Depth, size of tank and RMV.

__

TRIG:
Had a Cobra, found that repeatedly reaching for the console to look at it
was a nuisance. So I got the wrist mounted Vytec, which I mount on the
inside of right wrist in line with my thumb, so a glance is all it takes. Although
I still have a console for backup, seldom look at it. I like my Apeks atx200 reg
so much, I bought another one for octo. Just my approach.

____

TRIG,
Since you've already upgraded to a vytec this info may be virtually useless, but could still be usefull for your backup console.

If you attach the top loop of the cobra console to a d-ring on the right shoulder of your bc via a 8-10 inch strap(plain, not retractable or lanyard-like), the console should hang at about your solerplexis and allow you to look down and monitor your gauge in a hands-free manner. It won't make you ultra streamlined, but the gauge will stay clear of the reef, bottom, kelp, etc...

Back
Top Bottom