Aqualung has purchased Whites drysuit company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is true that Whites will be joining the Aqua Lung family and we see this as the next step in our evolution. It is an exciting partnership which will benefit our dealers, the employees of Whites, and the diving public. Whites will continue to be run as a seperate entity

so what exactly is this?

Whites going to be a 'wholly owned subsidiary' of Aqualung?

or seperate company that partner like as a distribution agent?

or something else?

so what exactly is this?

Whites going to be a 'wholly owned subsidiary' of Aqualung?

or seperate company that partner like as a distribution agent?

or something else?
@mike_s: I interpret Original Renegade's post to mean the following:
  • Aqualung now owns Whites.
  • In the short-term, Aqualung won't be monkeying around too much with the daily operations at Whites. (This is a good thing.)
  • There is no guarantee that this arrangement will continue in the future.
  • For now, Whites dealers will remain Whites dealers.
  • Aqualung dealers will still have to "apply" to become Whites dealers.
  • It's possible to be a Whites dealer and not an Aqualung dealer and vice versa.
  • For now, Whites will not be using Aqualung's dealer network for distribution purposes.
  • No comments were made regarding retail/MAP pricing for Whites products...particularly with respect to Internet sales. I'm really holding my breath on this one.
I find it mildly amusing that Whites recently cut a deal with Scubapro to make a re-badged drysuit to be sold in certain international markets (Europe, Australia, etc.). I have no idea how the Aqualung acquisition of Whites affects the Scubapro deal. Strange bedfellows, indeed.

@mike_s: I interpret Original Renegade's
I find it mildly amusing that Whites recently cut a deal with Scubapro to make a re-badged drysuit to be sold in certain international markets (Europe, Australia, etc.). I have no idea how the Aqualung acquisition of Whites affects the Scubapro deal. Strange bedfellows, indeed.

Whole crap, can they ***** out that suit with Scubapro logos and names any more?

Are you serious? A major company says they own you and you think you'll stay independent?
I haven't checked but I don't think AL has a be nice to Canadians clause.

Are you serious? A major company says they own you and you think you'll stay independent?
I haven't checked but I don't think AL has a be nice to Canadians clause.

AL doesn't have a "be nice to anyone" clause. They treat their dealers like crap. They give them crap when they sell under price, and then at the same time tell the lie that they don't sell to Leisure Pro direct, while telling their dealers "they are tyring to stop it".

Aqua Lung dealers becoming Whites dealers and vice versa.[/B] This will not happen and the standard application process to each company will remain the same.
My hope is that will change. Whites makes exceptional products but getting them locally is difficult. (The scale of difficulty is based on living in LA where everything is easy to buy.)

Having the Whites Brand available to the smaller, locally owned dive shops would really help them, and us out.

AL doesn't have a "be nice to anyone" clause. They treat their dealers like crap. They give them crap when they sell under price, and then at the same time tell the lie that they don't sell to Leisure Pro direct, while telling their dealers "they are tyring to stop it".

Not to mention the Costco sales

Costco sale? you talking actual dive gear or cheaper item mask/flippers/fins?

you can buy cheaper grade Aqualung masks/snorkel/flippers/fins at Walmart, target, Dicks, etc. Either under the Aqualung brand name or US Divers brand name.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom