Aqualung BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maat1976

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just bought the Aqualung Pearl in XS. It fit like a glove!!!! In our last trip I had a brand new, well fitting BCD and it made a lot of difference for my air consumption and buoyancy. So I decided to finally break down and buy the kit. Also got a Scubapro M25 Evo G260 with R195 Octo. Seems REALLY solid.

No real point to the thread other than enthusiasm. :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 109
tend to disagree with the bc purchase, but as long as you are happy, then congrats.

The regs are certainly top of the line though and will last you forever

Congratulations. I hope that you get back with a report on the equipment after you have had the chance to use in the ocean/sea.

(Just waiting for the right moment when one would chime in about why you should have bought a BP/W)

tend to disagree with the bc purchase, but as long as you are happy, then congrats.

T

LOL, that didn't take too long, few seconds!!!!

You are a piece of work.

I know people are into BP/W but I'm not. I find it all too awkward, so I went with what fit me well.

I know people are into BP/W but I'm not. I find it all too awkward, so I went with what fit me well.

You are exactly right!!! Don't listen to the freaks who want to impose their own narrow point of view on all others. Good Job and I wish you great time in all safety with your new toys!!!

Everyone has different needs. I needed something that fit! It's all good.

if you are an XS it isn't surprising, the standard backplate is certainly designed around a very specific body type and can be limiting, unfortunately very few people make hard backplates in size "tiny". There are a few, but all but impossible to try before you buy.

What is negative about Aqualung?

The gear seems to hold well and maintain its looks. It has features to deal with gear management such as routing for gauges to keep them nice and nearly placed. The weight pockets allow me to properly shift weight to achieve neutral buyoncy. Plus the company had been around for a long time, not to mention the free parts for life deal.

Back
Top Bottom